DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/5/18

*Taped Exclusively for Global Wrestling Network: LAX def. KM & Braxton Sutter
*Taped Exclusively for Global Wrestling Network: Alberto el Patron def. El Hijo del Fantasma and removed his mask afterwards.

Impact Wrestling - Airing April 5, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*Lashley comes to the ring and says he's still the top of the food chain. Cage beat him last week but it was a fluke. Lashley wants to face him again and make him famous.

*Brian Cage def. Lashley in what will be Lashley's final match with the company. Afterwards, Lashley said goodbye to the fans and took a bow.

*Allie calls out Su Yung, saying she used to be afraid of monsters but not anymore. Allie def. Su Yung via DQ when Yung used a kendo stick.

*KM vs. Richard Justice is up. KM gets the mic and berates Justice with fat jokes then sucker punches him. Fallah Bahh runs out for the save but gets attacked by Trevor Lee & Caleb Konley until Tyrus makes the save and declares he's not ok with bullying.

*Johnny Impact def. Taiji Ishimori. After the match, Jimmy Jacobs & Kongo Kong confront Johnny. Kongo beats him down but Johnny makes a comeback. Jacobs holds Kong back and they walk away.

*Eli Drake def. Moose in a Feast or Fired Case vs. Case match to WIN Moose's World Title shot and retain his own tag title shot. During the match, oVe ran out to attack Moose but Eddie Edwards ran out for the save. During that, Eli hit Moose with a baseball bat and hit the Gravy Train for the win.

28 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I am going to assume that Fanatsma has already lost his mask somewhere in AAA because the idea of losing your mask on the dark match of an Impact taping only shown for the Network is awful. 

I thought the same thing, but so far as I can tell, he's never lost his mask.  I'm assuming he'll get away without his face being shown on camera and still wrestle masked?

I'd like to see him lose his mask and return for revenge as King Cuerno, but I'm assuming that's not going to happen.

Mundo/Ishimori was real good until the finish. Although the finish did lead to Mundo doing a dive onto kongo kong and kong making a bad landing. When did Tyrus turn from "bodyguard for hire" to Mr. Be A star? They are doing a decent job with the videos on Aries vs Patron.

• Like 1

Loving the build to Aries/Alberto, awesome job making it feel like a huge deal matchup. Impact/ishimori was a fun sprint and Johnny's dive onto Kongo after was perfect. Ishimori remains one of my favorites to watch. As I've said before, I will definitely miss Lashley the most out of the recent departures, such a great run he had.  Pretty good main event and womens match as well, Su Yung is fantastic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Mundo/Ishimori was real good until the finish. Although the finish did lead to Mundo doing a dive onto kongo kong and kong making a bad landing. When did Tyrus turn from "bodyguard for hire" to Mr. Be A star? They are doing a decent job with the videos on Aries vs Patron.

Towards the end of Tyrus' last run he was against Bullying and had commercials for it. He helped Grado out when he was feuding with Al Snow's stable. 

Yeah, for once I am glad that the shows are taped in advance so that Rosemary can fully heal her arm injury. 

TMK, TNA still has the Allie / Su Yung feud brewing in the shows they still have left in the can.

15 hours ago, Jamal said:

I'm enjoying Allie vs Su Yung and creey Braxton but I can't wait until the eventual Su yung/Rosemary feud of weirdness. 

That feud will probably happen soon, but the Taya / Rosemary feud should still be live and I don't think that the blow off to Allie / Su Yung was ever taped and put in the can for future use.

This week's episode was great with Lashley and Cage kicking it off then Allie calling out Su Yung to continue their feud. Su has been great in her role so far and it will be to see what they do with her after redemption. Next week we get a Demon's Dance which should be the highlight of the week. Ishimori vs. Impact was a great sprint match that you know if they got paired up in the future and got more time they would rip it up. The video package as said before was amazing and sells you on wanting to see Aries vs. El Patron. 

The I Quit match on the Impact vs. Lucha Underground show is very much worth seeing and it will be interesting to see if they mention it or show highlights next week on Impact.  Also on the show they announced Dark Pentagon vs. Rey Fenix has been added to Redemption. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

This week's episode was great with Lashley and Cage kicking it off then Allie calling out Su Yung to continue their feud. Su has been great in her role so far and it will be to see what they do with her after redemption. Next week we get a Demon's Dance which should be the highlight of the week. Ishimori vs. Impact was a great sprint match that you know if they got paired up in the future and got more time they would rip it up. The video package as said before was amazing and sells you on wanting to see Aries vs. El Patron. 

The I Quit match on the Impact vs. Lucha Underground show is very much worth seeing and it will be interesting to see if they mention it or show highlights next week on Impact.  Also on the show they announced Dark Pentagon vs. Rey Fenix has been added to Redemption. 

Agreed, the I Quit was definitely the highlight of the show. Everything else was pretty basic but a fun overall event.

I think that bringing in Jeremiah Crane character (if LU allows obviously) would make sense for Impact and further build up Sami as basically insane person with split personalities. So yeah, they should totally reference this event.

I figure they will since OVE did a run in. 

I haven't seen it confirmed but rumor I heard is they will make Aries vs. Dark Pentagon vs. Fenix the new main event with El Patron's release. 

Update looks like the 3 way for the title is the new main event confirmed.