Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
DreamBroken

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/29/18

Recommended Posts

Quote

*Taped for Xplosion: Taya Valkyrie def. Alisha Edwards

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 29, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*Petey Williams def. Rohit Raju, Taiji Ishimori, & Suicide via pinfall on Suicide. After the match, Petey announces he is cashing in his Feast or Fired X Division title shot at the Redemption PPV against Matt Sydal on April 22

*Su Yung (w/ Braxton Sutter) def. Amber Nova with the Panic Switch

*(Aired clipped from WrestlePro in NJ): KM def. Fallah Bahh via pinfall w/ his feet on the ropes

*Brian Cage def. Lashley after a discus lariat

*Austin Aries(c) def. Matt Sydal (w/ Josh Mathews)(c) to WIN the Impact Grand Championship and retain the World Championship in a Title vs. Title match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAHAHAHA!

SUICIDE WILL NEVER DIE!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume this version of Suicide is still Caleb Konley.   although who knows anymore.

Given the lack of matches I would 50% of the show will be matches in the indies featuring TNA stars

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:00 PM, DreamBroken said:

*Su Yung def. Amber Nova

Good to see that someone at the Swann household is still earning a paycheck for now.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lashley/Cage was a lot of fun. Finish was kind of weak but I loved them trading 'ranas early on. Main event was good stuff and got a ton of time too. the Eddie/Sami feud is continuing to deliver. Su Yung is killer, looking awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main event was really good. Aries is having a good year and I like sydal as a heel even if he's with Josh Matthews. I also enjoyed the Rosemary/Taya brawl in the back. Hopefully Taya can get a good match out of Rosemary like Mia Yim did.  The Sami/Eddie stuff continues to be stupid. You have big bad guy Sami and OVE beat up Eddie in Sami's promotion where he is a big time babyface. Then you have the roster come down and cheer Sami and OVE on. Just makes Impact look stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What finisher is Su using?  if the Panic Switch is that awful Airplane Spin / Samoan Driver dealie, I hate it and she needs to start using her Yellow Fever hurty submission thingie.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J.T. said:

What finisher is Su using?  if the Panic Switch is that awful Airplane Spin / Samoan Driver dealie, I hate it and she needs to start using her Yellow Fever hurty submission thingie.

 

Yep that is the Panic Switch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Panic Switch looks a lot better when the opponent is face down than on their back; it looks like it gives the person applying the move more room to torque the arm for extra hurty-looking goodness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

The main event was really good. Aries is having a good year and I like sydal as a heel even if he's with Josh Matthews. I also enjoyed the Rosemary/Taya brawl in the back. Hopefully Taya can get a good match out of Rosemary like Mia Yim did.  The Sami/Eddie stuff continues to be stupid. You have big bad guy Sami and OVE beat up Eddie in Sami's promotion where he is a big time babyface. Then you have the roster come down and cheer Sami and OVE on. Just makes Impact look stupid. 

How does it make Impact look stupid? 

oVe’s entire shtick is “Ohio v. Everything”.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nate said:

The Panic Switch looks a lot better when the opponent is face down than on their back; it looks like it gives the person applying the move more room to torque the arm for extra hurty-looking goodness.

I thought it looked better when she did it to Allie last week. But I think Yellow Fever would be a good one to use too.

I also enjoyed the Taya/Rosemary brawl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, I think I meant to say the "Yellow Fever" ... the one in the video.  I originally thought the "Switch" and the "Fever" were the same thing, but I misunderstood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

399K for this episode. 2nd Highest ever on POP.

Is it safe to say they might have turned a corner?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Thibs said:

399K for this episode. Highest ever on POP.

Is it safe to say they might have turned a corner?

It's looking like they might have.  I don't see them approaching Spike numbers but this is a very positive trend.  And with matches like Cage/Lashley I'm fully on board with what they're doing now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're well past the point of TNA/GWF/Impact pretending to be any kind of threat to WWE. Impact is a fun Canadian indy with a lot of talent on a cable network not everybody gets. I just happen to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just sold out two house shows in California. Sure, the numbers were 700 and 900 respectively but still. They’re the second highest grossing show at Wrestlecon. They’re viewership on POP is not far from half a million.

Threat to WWE? Maybe not. But they’re no less of a “#2” than any other domestic promotion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've been doing better for awhile, especially since the ball bat disaster finally aired.

Good on them, it's been a solid show all year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thibs said:

They just sold out two house shows in California. Sure, the numbers were 700 and 900 respectively but still. They’re the second highest grossing show at Wrestlecon. They’re viewership on POP is not for from half a million.

Threat to WWE? Maybe not. But they’re no less of a “#2” than any other domestic promotion. 

Not entirely true.  If they’re at 400, they need a 25% increase in viewership to hit 500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nate said:

Wait, I think I meant to say the "Yellow Fever" ... the one in the video.  I originally thought the "Switch" and the "Fever" were the same thing, but I misunderstood.

Yeah, the airplane spin headdrop dealie is the Panic Switch and she calls the modified Lotus Lock the Yellow Fever.

And I agree that the hold looks a lot better when applied to an opponent who is face down on the mat and Su wrenches the arm up and back into the grain of the shoulder.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can always give her the Purge as her submission finisher in Impact to sell how mental unstable she is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...