DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 3

Dolfan in NYC

Steelers have Chicago this week.  Good thing I start night duty this Saturday.  That will prevent me from drowning my sorrows in booze and spend the night puking into a ditch.

I thought that was your job.

I work for the Department of the Army, not Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms.

Dalton has his good days, but he doesn't do it consistently.  He has only scored one TD in like 23 playoff drives or something like that, but on the other hand he has made the playoffs in his first two seasons.  Ponder is one of the worst starting QB's in the league and will probably lose his job this season. There are more than a few steps between those two.

Overhyped?  Maybe, but he is still young. 

Brian Hoyer has been named the starting QB for the Browns this week against Minnesota, leapfrogging Jason Campbell on the depth chart.

That seems like a surprise, Campbell's been a starter before and I seem to recall he wasn't too bad when he was in Oakland.  I wonder why they went with Hoyer?

Nah, that is selling him short.  Dalton is in that Alex Smith range.

I agree with this.  Dalton is a more mistake-prone Alex Smith.

While it may be hard for some to feel bad for a guy making solid money for a decade, I feel bad for Campbell.  He's a decent QB, but seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time no matter what.  It's like his career is snakebit.

Brian Hoyer has been named the starting QB for the Browns this week against Minnesota, leapfrogging Jason Campbell on the depth chart.

That seems like a surprise, Campbell's been a starter before and I seem to recall he wasn't too bad when he was in Oakland.  I wonder why they went with Hoyer?

Because they REALLY want Teddy Bridgewater?

• Like 1

Because they REALLY want Teddy Bridgewater?

I'm probably a bad sports fan, because even though I understand the logic behind tanking (especially in a sport where on position has become so key) it still kind of pisses me off.  I feel like the ownership is saying "Hey guys, we can't really build a competitive team; so we're just going to suck out in the hopes that we don't get Ryan Leaf-ed.  But hey thanks for all your money, we appreciate that!"

That, and Campbell is a known quantity, who is A.) Probably good enough to win enough games to take them out of the Bridgewater/Clowney sweepstakes but B.) is also not good enough to turn them into a contender, and C) is well past any point of developing.

This way, they get to see what, if anything, Hoyer has, while looking to next year.

EDIT: Goddamn fucking smiley face with sunglasses emoticon!

In what may be the single worst decision of all time, someone decided to paintball Pacman Jones' car.  Where does Pacman rank on the list of athletes not to cross? He has to be top 3 right?

http://deadspin.com/some-asshole-paintballed-pacman-joness-car-1341703532

The people who paintball'd his car are the assholes? What a crock of shit. I hope it happens everyday. 

In what may be the single worst decision of all time, someone decided to paintball Pacman Jones' car.  Where does Pacman rank on the list of athletes not to cross? He has to be top 3 right?

http://deadspin.com/some-asshole-paintballed-pacman-joness-car-1341703532

The people who paintball'd his car are the assholes? What a crock of shit. I hope it happens everyday. 

I personally agree with Vincent Vega when I say that there isn't anything more chickenshit than fucking with another man's automobile.  So yes, whoever paintballed his car is an asshole.  Matter of fact, if they did it because of him being him and his past being his past, I find it even more cowardly. If you have a problem with someone that you want to address, approach them like a man or let it go.

I'm not sure there's any Broncos fans here, but Ryan Clady's on IR and done for the year with a Lisfranc injury to his foot. They signed someone named Winston Justice to fill the roster spot.

Boy I can think of a lot of other things more chickenshit than mucking up a car. Especially a car owned by a millionaire who slams a stripper's head on the stage because he didn't give her permission to pick up the money he threw at her. 

This don't mess with a man's car line that people have adapted to assert their masculinity is corny as hell.

• Like 1

Boy I can think of a lot of other things more chickenshit than mucking up a car. Especially a car owned by a millionaire who slams a stripper's head on the stage because he didn't give her permission to pick up the money he threw at her. 

This don't mess with a man's car line that people have adapted to assert their masculinity is corny as hell.

To me it is more, fucking with another man's property doesn't make you some sort of tough guy.  It doesn't make you better than that person.  It isn't going to solve any injustices.  It is a cowardly act that makes people with low self esteems feel better.  Most of the car vandalizations I've been privvy to are by either pissed off women, or douchebag dudes and it usually left them worse off than they were before they did it.  It is one of those drinking poison and hoping the other person dies type of things.  Pacman isn't all of a sudden going to be a saint because of this, andif the person gets caught, that millionaire is either going to press charges or kick his ass.  Seems like an extremely dumb thing to catch either a case or an ass whooping for. 

To me it is more, fucking with another man's property doesn't make you some sort of tough guy.  It doesn't make you better than that person.  It isn't going to solve any injustices.  It is a cowardly act that makes people with low self esteems feel better.  Most of the car vandalizations I've been privvy to are by either pissed off women, or douchebag dudes and it usually left them worse off than they were before they did it.  It is one of those drinking poison and hoping the other person dies type of things.  Pacman isn't all of a sudden going to be a saint because of this, andif the person gets caught, that millionaire is either going to press charges or kick his ass.  Seems like an extremely dumb thing to catch either a case or an ass whooping for. 

I certainly don't think it makes these people tough guys. I think it's hilarious and I would refer to them as "merry pranksters." 

Paintballing a car is more than merry pranksters.  That's vandalism, plain and simple.  It doesn't matter if it they did this to Pacman or you, it's wrong and they deserve to be punished.

No one is saying Pacman is some swell guy now.  But if the guy has been done wrong--and in this case, he has--then he has a right to be angry and seek legal justice.

• Like 1