DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 3

Dolfan in NYC

...assuming they don't draft a kicker , a passable lineman over an all-universe WR or a 270 lb quarterback who had one good game in college. Lombardi has done all of these things in the first round.With the caveat that Grampa Al was over his shoulder, but still.

Hey, the Kicker one worked out!

That was a rather lukewarm jersey banner ceremony for McNabb.  You can tell that the fans wanted to be respectful but deep down didn't give a shit.

I wish Philly hadn't done it, in that the fans don't care and why subject McNabb to such indifference.  It's like kicking a guy in the package after sleeping with his wife.

The more you watch the Eagles there is only one thing that I can think of and that is that the Redskins really really sucks to make them look that great

It's amazing that all anyone on t.v. would talk about for the first three weeks were those two teams...who are both terrible.

When is the Eagle's birthday? ESPN will do a whole day following them around.

This was like pure Alex Smith football.

Pretty? No. Should have scored more? Yes. Turned the ball over? No. Efficiently ate the clock when needed? Yes.

He's really become this interesting figure to me in what a strange career he's had and because he doesn't play an aesthetically pleasing game no one ever wants to give him any credit for anything.

Not a pretty win but pretty amazing Chiefs won 2 games last year and are already 3-0.

It's amazing that all anyone on t.v. would talk about for the first three weeks were those two teams...who are both terrible.

Amazing how?  Shit is never ending.  It's two NFC East teams.  Every one of them except one has been complete garbage for years, but they all get a never ending stream of media attention and when they're actually mentioned as one of the worst divisions in football, it's always prefaced with "the once-mighty NFC East..."

Also, I have no idea how anyone picked Philly here.  But I do agree that these Chiefs are super solid for an AFC team.