DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/22/18

*Taped Exclusively for Global Wrestling Network: Caleb Konley def. Fallah Bahh with help from Trevor Lee.

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 22, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*Alberto el Patron out for a promo. He's ready for a fight, he's got a real champion to fight, not a paper champion. Alberto challenges Austin Aries for Impact Wrestling: Redemption on April 22 which will be Impact's return to PPV. Austin Aries interrupts and says they are very similar but the difference is he is real in an industry of fake people while Alberto is fake. Alberto says Aries knows deep down he is not the true champion until he beats Alberto el Patron. Alberto says he respects Aries and to play Aries' theme. Aries stops him and says to play Alberto's theme and to enjoy his music being played last because at Redemption, he's retaining and it will be his music playing.

*Trevor Lee (w/ Caleb Konley) def. Fallah Bahh with a rollup.

*Matt Sydal(c) (w/ Josh Mathews) def. Rohit Raju to retain the X Division Championship

*Allie(c) def. Sienna to retain the knockouts championship. After the match, Braxton Sutter comes out and says he's trying to reevaluate things in his life. Braxton tries to tell her she's the most important in his life but accidentally calls her Laurel. Braxton proposes but Allie is ambushed from behind by Su Yung.

*Kongo Kong (w/ Jimmy Jacobs) def. Abyss (w/ Father James Mitchell) in a Monster's Ball match with the Top Rope Splash onto a barbed wire board

*Jeremy Borash hosts the Feast or Fired briefcase reveal. Eli Drake opens case #1 and receives a tag team title shot. Petey Williams opens case #2 and receives the X Division title shot. Moose opens his case and receives the World Title shot meaning EC3 is fired. EC3 refuses to open it and tries to say it's not his case, it's Ishimori's. JB tells him he has to open it and make it official. EC3 argues that nobody can make him open it. Borash then opens the case, confirming EC3 is fired. EC3 calls it a joke. JB says it's very real, EC3 is done at Impact. EC3 says there's no way he should be fired for picking a briefcase in an outdated match, he's the franchise who has carried the company on his back for 4 years. EC3 says he's a Carter and this company needs him, he's Dixie Carter's nephew. EC3 then says he's a man and a professional so he accepts his fate and this will light a spark in him that will lead to absolute greatness. EC3 thanks JB, picks up the case and then attacks Borash until Brian Cage makes the save and destroys EC3.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Looks like I'm watching this for the Kongo Kong / Abyss main event.

It was quite a fun brawl. The Sinister Minister on my tv is always a good thing. I didn't see last week's show, so this was my first time seeing him look like Anton LaVey.

• Like 1

Agreed fun brawl in the usual Monster's Ball fashion. Thought Mitchell and Jacobs both added a lot in their roles. I've always liked Su Yung a lot so I'm happy to see her in Impact, looking forward to her and Allie. Dug the Edwards/Callihan angle as something different and good to see Alisha used. Always wish she'd be used in the knockouts division since "winning a contract" like two years ago, she was one of my favorites in her WSU days. Been enjoying the Josh/Sonjay combo on commentary a lot since Sonjay took over from JB.

• Like 1

I had high hopes for the Monster's ball match but it was just sad. Abyss can't move at all and it was sad seeing him take bumps into the tacks to silence. It was good to see Father Mitchell tho. He's always entertaining and I liked when he brought out Janice. So was this Borash's last Impact appearance? Kind of a sad way to go out for a guy that has been so important for TNA/Impact.

I loved that the announcers laid out during Su Young’s angle. Added a lot to it. She’s the perfect foil for Allie.

Also liked the intensity of Aries and Patron.

The monster’s ball match was fun. I actually liked the fact that the hardcore aspects were not over the top and there were more psychology elements— abyss being dominated in his own match, the emergence of a new monster, etc.

They could have picked someone better than Kong but its a budget thing so I get it.

Kong's not bad. He's a believable monster. I'd like to see Jimmy Jacobs bring out the monster in Fallah Bahh and pair him with Kongo Kong. Jimmy Jacobs monsters going after the tag titles would be a fun feud with LAX.

• Like 3

I only watched a part of Impact last night. Monsters Ball was all right. Kinda disappointing with the lack of blood though. With the feast or fired thing, it was amusing hearing the crowd chant "ROYAL RUMBLE" for EC3 after he was officially fired. So i guess Borash getting beat up will also be his swan song in TNA?

On youtube I was watching something I missed and it was something with Allie getting beat up by Su Yung (who I guess will eventually be Rosemary's zombie opponent). Anyway, Braxton called Allie "Laurel" and she gave him this look that had me laughing.

wltVTWQ.jpg

It's the Angry Chipmunk. Ahahahahaha.

• Haha 2

I watched about 40ish minutes of this last night (Still waaaaay too much Josh Matthews for my liking).  

Is this the regular format now with Josh and Dutt hosting from the studio then throwing to Josh and  Dutt at ringside? Because it's really weird. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, caley said:

I watched about 40ish minutes of this last night (Still waaaaay too much Josh Matthews for my liking).  

Is this the regular format now with Josh and Dutt hosting from the studio then throwing to Josh and  Dutt at ringside? Because it's really weird. 

I think it's just for this set of tapings, since Borash was a part of these tapings but left before they aired so it was more a last minute thing to put Sonjay in with Josh from the studio. I've liked it a lot so far and thought they've done a good job making the shows feel like big deals while also having entertaining banter between them but that's just me. There were reports before Borash left that they were going to move Josh into the Sydal's manager role and put Don Calls with Borash but then plans changed when JB left.

Josh can be a lot worst during the Borash vs. Josh feud it made you long for Cole vs. Lawler commentary. 

If any babyface gets to do an angle where he or she breaks Josh's jaw in the Impact zone to remove him from commentary he or she will be an ultra FACE for life. 

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I don’t know why I’ve never noticed this before, but Abyss must have the worst punches for a big guy, just terrible

I just have to laugh that there’s a Jim Mitchell/Jim Cornette Youtube rant about Abyss doing dumb spots on my recommended list... and in this match the tacks spot doesn’t end the match.

God damnit Abyss...

I have to say though, great booking with the winner at least. 

• 1 month later...