DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/15/18

*Taped Exclusively for Global Wrestling Network: El Hijo Del Fantasma def. Braxton Sutter

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 15, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*Sami Callihan def. Fallah Bahh. After the match, oVe look to attack but Eddie Edwards makes the save with a baseball bat.

*Kongo Kong & Jimmy Jacobs out for a promo. Jacobs says innocent people needed to get hurt because Joseph Park will not produce Abyss. Kongo will be on a path of destruction until they get Abyss. Jimmy asks Abyss where are you? Father James Mitchell arrives, coming out to the old New Church theme. Mitchell puts over Jacobs as similar to him. Mitchell says he sold his soul to make his son Abyss worlds heavyweight champion but the problem with selling your soul is it comes back to you and Abyss has a personality split. Mitchell says he did nothing when Jacobs hurt his cousin, made his grandmother a basket case or destroyed the law offices but Jacobs has unfortunately awoken Abyss. Mitchell announces Kongo Kong vs. Abyss next week in a Monster's Ball match.

*Rosemary vs. Taya Valkyrie goes to a double countout. After the match, they continue brawling up to the stage where Taya lays out Rosemary.

*Impact Grand & X Division Champion Matt Sydal comes to the ring for a promo. Sydal thanks the fans for supporting him but he wouldn't be here if not for one man, his spirit guide, Josh Mathews. Josh says he's tried to enlighten the masses for far too long but it comes from within. Josh says Matt is a double champion and a happy man, he's centered. Josh gives Matt a gift, a mask of his spirit animal. Matt gives Josh a gift, the Impact Grand Championship making him the new champion.

*Feast or Fired returns featuring Rohit Raju, Taiji Ishimori, Trevor Lee, Caleb Konley, KM, Petey Williams, Ethan Carter III, Moose, Tyrus, & Eli Drake. The winners of the briefcases are Petey, EC3, Moose, & Eli Drake.

- Matt Sydal came out and thanked Josh Mathews. Sydal gave Mathews a gift, which was the Grand Championship. This was done to eliminate the title, not to make Mathews the champion.

From Meltzer's notes on the tapings. 

Is EC3 going to be able to piss clean for WWE? Guy is built like a Greek god, but that's absolutely the right place for him so I hope so for his sake. He could be a big deal there after wasting his talents in TNA for the past however many years. Why'd they let him go in the first place again?

Speaking of questionable urine content, I'm so glad Cage is finally getting something other than the 1 month of Lucha Underground work every (maybe?) year. Guy is great and I'll be reading results to see what Callis and company have planned for him. I hope this bunch can finally get this shit show moving in the right direction. I know it hasn't been nearly as bad as it used to be this past year or so but still...

I actually quite liked The Grand Championship, at least in theory, but I think the X-Division really got devalued as a result. It makes sense to have Matt Sydal as the ace of the division - the heel turn does also make sense because Sydal was a bit of a dick demanding a Grand Championship match under standard wrestling rules anyway. But anyway, Sydal eliminating the title to raise the standing of the X-Division is probably the smartest most logical booking in Impact since......like ever.

Feast or Fired tho christ. Win a 25% of getting fired, yeah why not eh?

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's been solid pro wrestling but rarely anything above solid.

It's been pretty weak beer and no mistake. The question to me is, why watch this show rather than the 5 hours of RAW/Smackdown + 2 hours of NXT/205 every week (in addition to PPVs and Takeovers)? There hasn't been much of an answer to that for some time. I guess the answer at the  moment  is, present 200 lb wrestlers seriously and give them time. Which is cool I guess.

13 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Is EC3 going to be able to piss clean for WWE? Guy is built like a Greek god, but that's absolutely the right place for him so I hope so for his sake. He could be a big deal there after wasting his talents in TNA for the past however many years. Why'd they let him go in the first place again?

Speaking of questionable urine content, I'm so glad Cage is finally getting something other than the 1 month of Lucha Underground work every (maybe?) year. Guy is great and I'll be reading results to see what Callis and company have planned for him. I hope this bunch can finally get this shit show moving in the right direction. I know it hasn't been nearly as bad as it used to be this past year or so but still...

Actually going to TNA rehabbed his career.

If we’re being honest.

• Like 4

The more I think about that move by Anthem, the more brilliant it seems. There’s two things that can come out of it—

1) They use those characters/trademarks on the indies or god forbid WWE— which in turn PROMOTES Impact— Which there’s no way around. The minute an “EC3” walks out on Raw and someone googles him, they’re immediately exposed to Impact.

2) They don’t use the characters. And there’s no harm, no foul.

All the while, it creates a ton of goodwill with talent and makes it more likely for talent to go there.

And so far, judging by Matt Hardy, the WWE doesn’t know what to do with those characters in the least.

Eddie Edwards is okay, at least compared to fears last night. He had a broken nose, some other broken bones and has a black eye from when a baseball bat accidently ricocheted and hit him in the eye doing an angle with Sami Callihan, and he was rushed to the hospital. 

Fun show here. That Aries/Alberto segment was hilarious. Rosemary/Taya was very good while it lasted, looking forward to it continuing. Sonjay losing his shit over Josh and Sydal was great. Glad they at least did something little to explain Adonis' sudden exit. Eli's burst of offense at the end of the main event ruled. Looking forward to Abyss/Kongo, the build has been awesome.

• Like 1

Taya vs. Rosemary was very good and set the table for matches between them to come in future weeks. Taya had a sweet counter to the Upside down which makes sense that the whole time Taya has been gone she has just been watching tape of Rosemary for the day she faces her again. 

Jim Mitchell killed it on his promo and really got everyone ready next week for the Monster's Ball. 

• Like 1