DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling: Crossroads Spoilers for 3/8/18

*Taped for Xplosion: KM def. Sugar Dunkerton
*Taped for Xplosion: Sienna def. Kiera Hogan
*Taped for Xplosion: Eli Drake def. Fallah Bahh

Impact Wrestling: Crossroads TV Special - Airing March 8, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*LAX (Ortiz & Santana)(c) def. The Cult of Lee (Trevor Lee & Caleb Konley) to retain the tag team championships

*Matt Sydal(c) def. Taiji Ishimori(c) to WIN the X Division Championship and retain the Impact Grand Championship in a Title vs Title match.

*Allie def. Laurel Van Ness(c) to WIN the knockouts championship

*Lashley & Brian Cage def. oVe (Dave & Jake Crist). The match started 2 on 1 until Cage came out to be Lashley's partner. After the match, Lashley offers his hand, Cage nods and walks off.

*Austin Aries(c) def. Johnny Impact to retain the Impact Wrestling Global Championship. After the match, they shake hands while Alberto el Patron comes out sarcastically clapping from the stage.

8 hours ago, (BP) said:

They used much older tapes of Roode for awhile after he was gone and the commentary just danced around that he was already in NXT. 

I realized after I posted it that TNA is just a dinky Canadian indie now so who cares if their Women's Champion immediately wanted a release after she won the strap...her eventually being in the WWE just helps them not  have to pay for 5-10 fans to come to a show in Ottawa next time around. PUBLICITEE, BAY-BEE!

18 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

So...Laurel debuts at the Rumble and is in The Fed for over a month while still on Impact TV? Is that allowed?

There was a world title series a couple years that contained Austin Aries and James Storm who were both in NXT at the time.   

These are the same people (well some of them) who promoted Bobby Roode on the GFW Amped shows as someone trying to invade the company even though the tapings were 3 years ago

17 hours ago, hammerva said:

These are the same people (well some of them) who promoted Bobby Roode on the GFW Amped shows as someone trying to invade the company even though the tapings were 3 years ago

I blame that mostly on Jeff Jarrett and his vanity promotion nobody had any interest in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 9:54 AM, nate said:

Dear TNA:

SIGN  SUGAR  DUNKERTON.

It's funny, when I got a "reacted" notice, I forgot I even wrote this. 

Then I realized, "Oh, this is for a recent episode."

Then I noticed that I wrote this post in January.

Oh, TNA ... you're the TNAest!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great all wrestling straight through episode with every match being good to great. Loved the presentation throughout. Fun tag opener. Sydal/Ishimori ruled, huge fan of Ishimori's title reign and I hope he sticks around Impact. Laurel was doing her career best work during her title run so I'll miss her now, good stuff here. Under different circumstances, I would've dug the Unprettier on the outside as the finish, that looked properly brutal and the follow up curb stomp was nice too. As it was, the finish was a little abrupt but a nice moment for Allie and blowoff to the feud. Lashley/Cage against oVe was solid and the main event was as good as expected.

First time I've watched a full Impact in years. Overall, pretty good.

No idea who the new LAX guys are. They're fine, but they don't compare favourably to the peak of Homicide and Hernandez.

What was the deal with the lengthy segment of Christian vs Monty Brown? Also, I'm still a little bummed that Monty never got to become a bigger deal.

I like Sydal. I like Sydal's (new?) gimmick. Good match.

Since I haven't been watching, I wasn't super invested in Allie. Anyone mind explaining the appeal? No need to explain Laurel. I understand that.

I assume Lashley vs Cage is coming in the near future. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Aries vs Johnny Gimmickname was very good. Which of course it was going to be.

I may watch next week. But I still hate the Feast or Fired gimmick. 

There are worse ways to spend two hours. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

First time I've watched a full Impact in years. Overall, pretty good.

No idea who the new LAX guys are. They're fine, but they don't compare favourably to the peak of Homicide and Hernandez.

What was the deal with the lengthy segment of Christian vs Monty Brown? Also, I'm still a little bummed that Monty never got to become a bigger deal.

I like Sydal. I like Sydal's (new?) gimmick. Good match.

Since I haven't been watching, I wasn't super invested in Allie. Anyone mind explaining the appeal? No need to explain Laurel. I understand that.

I assume Lashley vs Cage is coming in the near future. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Aries vs Johnny Gimmickname was very good. Which of course it was going to be.

I may watch next week. But I still hate the Feast or Fired gimmick. 

There are worse ways to spend two hours. 

Allie was brought in as Maria's non-wrestling assistant (Despite being a supposedly good wrestler on the indies (I say supposedly not to be sarcastic but because I never watched any of her Indy stuff)), who got treated me crap by Maria and Laurel.  They did a romance angle with her and her real-life man Braxton Sutter, culminating in him ditching Laurel at the altar for Allie.  Then he proceeded to "train" Allie and she had some lengthy feuds with Rosemarie and Allie by never won the title.  So this is basically the endpoint of a year and a half plus storyline.   

• Like 4