DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR 3 OFF: Halloween Havoc 1999

RIPPA

http://deathvalleydriver.com/3off_hh99/

Russo shows were not designed to be reviewed traditionally. This is an exercise in futility trying to coherently write something that isn’t a straight move for move recap. But also having the half of moment to process even one possible funny moment is next to impossible. Russo really was ahead of his time. They way he breaks everything it would work perfectly as an Instagram story. Oh god… I just put that thought out into the universe.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Just to top it off, they Dusty finished that title change the next night iirc.

Oh they definitely do. That is kinda what I was hinting at at the end.

But I am getting angry just at the logic of it

(Basically it was a non-title match so Sting shouldn't have lost the title BUT since he attached Charles Robinson, they stripped him of the title)

I haven't really created a rate sheet for the reviews

It is has kinda unofficially shaken out as (based on previous donations)

~$10 gets a few matches

~$20 gets a PPV/Full Show 

A lot of it based on length of time needed to devote to a review too. Like no one has really gone outside the realm of WWF/WCW yet (Outside of @Matt D yet) so I am not sure what exactly would say for like a 6 hour New Japan show or all 3 days of say BOLA

It should be fairly obvious though. Like don't ask for the full Island Deathmatch for only $5.

So I would just keep that in mind when asking for 5 hours of wrestling to be reviewed. (Along with if it is available on the Network yet)

God - I am now debating doing a quasi Amazon Wishlist to give people ideas of shit that would torment me to watch. I really loathe myself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That gif is fucking hilarious.

If it didn't take me a shamefully long time to create - there were about 9 more things I would have captured

BTW - Sid's blade job is way nastier than that photo showed

uFmCKjJ.gif

• Like 1

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

$20 AMERICAN? !

Are you some sort of king?

Hey - don't yell at me for everyone else's disposable income

That being said - most of the money goes back into the site in some way shape or form.

That reminds me - I need to review those TNA DVDs I got via some donations (but no god damn gum. Still bitter about that)

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh they definitely do. That is kinda what I was hinting at at the end.

But I am getting angry just at the logic of it

(Basically it was a non-title match so Sting shouldn't have lost the title BUT since he attached Charles Robinson, they stripped him of the title)

Russo used logic?

Looking at the level of talent and marquee names on this card, it's astounding that the only one who repeatedly told Russo to fuck off instead of collecting a check was Hogan. Of course, he may have been the only one who could afford to at the time. 

• Like 1

"Rey's the one on the left" (in refernce to Mysterio and Torrie Wilson).  LOL.

Man, Sid gave that show way more juice than it deserved.

Thank God for Bobby The Brain Heenan and Sid