DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-16-13

MGFanJay

Did Vickie ever really get it?

Wait, what?  If anything, Vickie got her comeuppance too much.

EDIT: And as to the issue of how Stephanie gets hers, she was regularly humiliated or overcome in the Attitude era, and since they're just recycling stories from then, I'm sure they can dust something off for AmDrag.

If the next step is for HHH/Steph to add another to their ranks, who should it be? They probably should since the entire face locker room is now in a state of revolt. I would love for it to be Wade Barrett. He's a perfect conniving prick, albeit one who has lost a ton lately.  Mark Henry returning to the heel dark side for a boatload of cash?

I'd be down for Big E Langston joining Orton, Show, and The Shield. 

Man, I love the New Corporation. Can they pull a late 90's dark magic alliance and join with the Wyatts? 

All that end sequence showed me is that Mark Henry and Titus Young would have handled it on their own. Shameful lack of Big Mark, especially after Piranesi tried to hint at his return on twitter.Anyway that ending, with everyone YESing along with Bryan... they have the star Punk wanted to be right here.

What's Piranesi's Twitter? And yours, for that matter.

The Dusty segment was amazing, and crucially I've gone from total apathy towards Cody to really looking forward to his reappearance. As a teen, Owen Hart became my favourite wrestler during that period where he would attack HBK from the crowd post-Montreal,and that's the vibe they'll hopefully go for with Cody.

Fantasy booking:

Let's say they were looking to set up a Wargames match at Battleground, with everything having transpired the way it has until this very moment, who would you put in a 5-on-5 Wargames match? 

Orton/Shield/ - I don't think Triple H will, or should, be putting himself in a match until he faces Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. If that's the case, who would  take his spot?

Dustin/Cody/Bryan/Big Show/?? - Who would be the best addition for that team? Ziggler? At this point? People have mentioned Dusty, but there is no way WWE is putting old guys in the ring again, especially Big Dust.

Stephie would put the screws to Show by making him team with Orton/Shield against Bryan/Cody/Dustin/Dolph/Kane. Finish has Show "accidentally" (quotes optional) laying out Orton allowing Bryan to tap him for the finish. Stephie fires Show, leading to a series of vignettes where the 7'4, 500 pound Midnight Rider saddles up and hits the trail for Raw riding a buffalo with YES/NO on its backside.

You're missing Christian on the babyface side. Sub him in for Dolph or Kane.

Well based on last night - you would have to assume Miz would be in it. *shudder*

Fantasy booking:

Let's say they were looking to set up a Wargames match at Battleground, with everything having transpired the way it has until this very moment, who would you put in a 5-on-5 Wargames match? 

Orton/Shield/ - I don't think Triple H will, or should, be putting himself in a match until he faces Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. If that's the case, who would  take his spot?

Dustin/Cody/Bryan/Big Show/?? - Who would be the best addition for that team? Ziggler? At this point? People have mentioned Dusty, but there is no way WWE is putting old guys in the ring again, especially Big Dust.

Stephie would put the screws to Show by making him team with Orton/Shield against Bryan/Cody/Dustin/Dolph/Kane. Finish has Show "accidentally" (quotes optional) laying out Orton allowing Bryan to tap him for the finish. Stephie fires Show, leading to a series of vignettes where the 7'4, 500 pound Midnight Rider saddles up and hits the trail for Raw riding a buffalo with YES/NO on its backside.

You're missing Christian on the babyface side. Sub him in for Dolph or Kane.

Well based on last night - you would have to assume Miz would be in it. *shudder*

Miz could come back as a heel, though. The locker room didn't come out to defend him, just Bryan. And if they want to play up their past issues, you have that as well. I think Miz would be great as a suit-wearing corporate underling.

Big Show needs antidepressants or something. All this crying is whack.

Nice user name.

I actually don't post here, but browse.

I am the Polvora loving Jef who occasionally comments on Cubs' blog.

Please don't associate things this Jef says with me.

I actually think Big Shows crying is nice pro wrestling camp.   I think this is the first time in over a decade I have watched RAW live 3 weeks in a row. 

Fuck I love Roman Reigns. During that Dusty segment Big Show is yelling at Ambrose and Rollins and Reigns is outside grabbing three chairs like he's bringing a six pack to a tailgate. Then he gets in, looking at Big Show and smacking the chair. Eat shit you blubbering buffoon Roman Reigns takes care of business.

Then in the beatdown he's like "Fuck it, I'm taking Kofi with me!"

He's the best.

• Like 6

Did Vickie ever really get it?

Wait, what?  If anything, Vickie got her comeuppance too much.

EDIT: And as to the issue of how Stephanie gets hers, she was regularly humiliated or overcome in the Attitude era, and since they're just recycling stories from then, I'm sure they can dust something off for AmDrag.

How does one do "bottom-feeding trashbag ho" in the PG era?

Dusty/Dustin/Cody will go over The Shield eventually. They should change the Hell in a Cell PPV to something else, and go with WarGames for the Battleground show. Lately the storylines have Hunter's old school mentality all over them, and if Vince is slowly phasing himself out like it's rumored, this could be Hunter's chance to finally do WarGames in a WWE ring.

I am somewhat surprised they haven't done a modified WarGames in the Elimination Chamber yet, kinda like the 6-man EC tags are done on the video games. That might be the best compromise if Vince is dead-set on not losing any seats to putting two rings in the arena. 

If, at some point, we get some segments where the Rhodes family is sitting around a campfire in the wilderness wearing masks and threatening vengeance, I may have to watch RAW all the way through instead of cherry-picking segments just to be sure to see them live.