DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-16-13

MGFanJay

Seth Rollins has a death wish or something. That bump he took into the table was nasty. Then he took Bryan's finish like a champ.

Brie Bella isn't gonna be the one to tell off Steph. It's gonna be Maryse after what happened to Miz. Can't wait for that.

God, Dustin getting even a short run out of this angle will be the greatest thing ever.  Let Dusty talk, Dustin and Cody wrestle.

Only problem I see with this angle now is there are three people/groups who really need to get revenge on Trips/Randy/Shield guys.  The Rhodes family, Show, and Bryan. 

God, I really do want to see Bryan/Triple H now.

• Like 1

It'd be awesome if Bryan pulled double duty at the Royal Rumble - a match with HHH, and then wins the Rumble. I could see them doing Big Show/HHH at some point - the visual of him KO'ing Hunter would redeem himself for the Dusty thing, surely! I don't know how they get to Steph's comeuppance, if that's even in the books. You know this is going to end with HHH having a change of heart, taking a liking to D-Bry, and ultimately restores order to the company - but maybe Linda, or some female she has history with, returns to slap Stephanie out the picture for a year or two.

Dusty/Dustin/Cody will go over The Shield eventually. They should change the Hell in a Cell PPV to something else, and go with WarGames for the Battleground show. Lately the storylines have Hunter's old school mentality all over them, and if Vince is slowly phasing himself out like it's rumored, this could be Hunter's chance to finally do WarGames in a WWE ring.

Guys, are Cody and Dustin going to be this angle's Crow Sting?

Honestly, I'm pretty impressed right now. WWE is juggling some pretty solid storylines- a group of good guys came out with enough cannon fodder in the group that they can get some dudes seriously dropped, we've got the Rhodes waiting in the god damn shadows... I'm pretty into this.

I know it's not popular to back Steph, but she absolutely carried that Dusty segment. Dusty was forgetting his lines, breaking character by making lustful faces towards Steph, and Big Show once again cried his ass off. It was she who became the one to make us forget how cheesy they were acting by coming off so convincingly evil. 

• Like 1

Dusty's promo kinda choked me up. Fucking awesome. And Stephanie giving him a Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift card was so bitchy. Her giving Dusty a "Sophie's Choice" moment was so evil in every way, bringing up Dusty neglecting Dustin, just everything about that ruled. Including the Big Show part, which I thought was great.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be great if Hunter keeps delaying getting a new champion crowned for several months? Initially, the title will be in a podium, then next week he's carrying it, then it's on his shoulder, then on his waist all the time, like he's the goddamn champion. It's his belt after all.

• Like 4

Dusty's promo kinda choked me up. Fucking awesome. And Stephanie giving him a Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift card was so bitchy. Her giving Dusty a "Sophie's Choice" moment was so evil in every way, bringing up Dusty neglecting Dustin, just everything about that ruled. Including the Big Show part, which I thought was great.

I wish there were a "make it good", but otherwise, very satisfactory.

• Like 2

I wish there were a "make it good", but otherwise, very satisfactory.

Ha, yeah if Dusty was shouting at Show to "DO IT! MAKE IT GOOD!" I would have lost it even more. Still, it ruled and people shitting on it stink.

So Del Rio is the face of WWE?

I honestly think they've ruined him with shitty feuds and that lacklustre face turn, but 2 years ago that would have been such a money choice.

When was the last time there has been a roster-spanning storyline like this seemingly brewing? The Invasion? I know there was the walk out last year (2 years ago, fucked if I can remember?), but that never really got big other than that one segment.

Two years ago after they had Punk win the belt at Money In The Bank, I was very annoyed they did not have Christian declare himself the top champion in WWE by default. If they keep the WWE title vacant, it makes last nights PPV less of a rip off, since it is going somewhere. Is the roster deep enough to do a proper tourney. It has been over a decade since the Deadly Game tourney at Survivor Series 98. 

All that end sequence showed me is that Mark Henry and Titus Young would have handled it on their own. Shameful lack of Big Mark, especially after Piranesi tried to hint at his return on twitter.

Anyway that ending, with everyone YESing along with Bryan... they have the star Punk wanted to be right here.

• Like 1