DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-16-13

MGFanJay

I know I'm starting to sound like a cheerleader, but you guys aren't going to sit here and ignore the crowd support for Titus O'Neal.  I won't let it happen.

I missed most of RAW but it's nice to hear that Stephanie is still stepping on people while they're down.

Heyman should kiss all The Heyman Guys from now on.  Take one for the the team, Brock.

• Like 5

THAT was an epic three hour block of wrestling right there. Super tight and 90% of everything ties into the bigger picture angle. They're on fire right now.

Great start to the show that sends the next part of the case into action. I love HHH dropping general counsel words like "abeyance." I loved that the angle got explained but not spelled out -- trusting the audience to understand that HHH ordered Scott to do a fast count in case Bryan was going to win, then have Scott throw Bryan under the bus. And then HHH had to fire Scott to cover his tracks but gives him a generous severance package. That is straight-up Enron sleaze right there when a boss makes an underling participate in a crime and then fires him but pays him hush money on the way out the door. I'm surprised we didn't get a segment on the app where Brad Maddox had Armstrong sign non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements. I also loved Steph and HHH "remotivating" Orton, too.

Dolph/Dean was so friggin' good. The crowd was super hot for Ziggler. I loved the little explanation of Dolph's losing streak -- HHH got into his head. Dolph gets a huge win to get the monkey off his back and expose the first chink in The Shield's armor.

The Dusty segment was on the short list of my favorite segments of all-time. It was PERFECT. Dusty went Hard Times on us, talked up the importance of family, and wasn't going to take any crap from Steph. Steph is absolutely incredible right now as the corporate HR monster from hell. I loved the Sophie's Choice and Dusty attempting to walk away when he got trapped. Steph making Show do her bidding was brilliant. Dusty wants to do what's best for his family and wants to walk away. Show wants to do what's best for his family and that's get paid since he's broke because of his poor financial planning. He does. But the ultimate benefactor, of course, is the McMahon family -- the rich get richer.

Miz/Orton was a spirited brawl that became absolutely grotesque brutality. Steph/HHH's plot worked as Randy Orton reverted to previous form and tried to end the career of a man in front of his parents in his hometown. Put dickery.

Heyman's wheelchair gloating was THE best "I told you so" segment I can ever remember. Ryback "hating bullies" is great hypocrisy. He's such an awesome meathead. Heyman kissing Ryback on the cheek was the ultimate in pathetic heel trolling. I didn't think there would be a segment better than Dusty's tonight. There wasn't but, damn it, Heyman tried his absolute best to steal the show. Again.

That triple threat tag match was a really fun sprint. The Tensai suplex spot was ridiculous. I loved that Cesaro's swing is now a teaser to buy the app. Great end sequence. Usos vs. Real Americans is just quality between a bunch of really good workers.

And that main event -- man oh man oh man. That match is one of my favorite matches all year. It will probably get slept on when we look back at the best spots but we saw Roman Reigns emerge as a guy who can go on his own and not just in tags. I mean, Bryan's at Flair/Eddie levels now of making EVERYONE look good but Reigns is a beast. He's going to be the Batista of this angle. So many great spots. I love all the trash talk.Then that end. Enough is enough. It's time for a change. YES! YES! YES!Fandango/R-Truth was mindless fun that I mostly checked e-mail during. The divas didn't advance anything except to further prove AJ rules. I walked my dog during Sandow/RVD -- I don't mind either of those guys but I didn't give her much of a walk tonight.

• Like 4

I know I'm starting to sound like a cheerleader, but you guys aren't going to sit here and ignore the crowd support for Titus O'Neal.  I won't let it happen.

I missed most of RAW but it's nice to hear that Stephanie is still stepping on people while they're down.

Heyman should kiss all The Heyman Guys from now on.  Take one for the the team, Brock.

The Titus bark was great. Like JBL says -- he's really close to being friggin' huge.

Warren Zevon as Miz's dad was fantastic.

Really awesome show and Heyman's kiss made me laugh way too much. Beginning of a beautiful relationship right there. Curtis Axel being relegated to wheelchair duty and disappearing... hah.

Oh yeah, no mention yet of another off-the-charts Wyatt Family promo. They're in such a bind trying to figure out how to shoehorn them into the current story.

If you'll allow my fantasy booking hat to come on, we saw Brie hug Daniel. The easiest way to make the Total Divas faces is via Bryan's proxy. They want to make AJ heel but she's been so great and is such a smark favorite. But Steph has tweeted support for her in the past. She's also the champion. AJ also hates Bryan from their previous relationship. There you have it -- AJ as Steph's hand-picked Diva's favorite against the Total Divas. Ties that into the fold as well.

If you'll allow my fantasy booking hat to come on, we saw Brie hug Daniel. The easiest way to make the Total Divas faces is via Bryan's proxy. They want to make AJ heel but she's been so great and is such a smark favorite. But Steph has tweeted support for her in the past. She's also the champion. AJ also hates Bryan from their previous relationship. There you have it -- AJ as Steph's hand-picked Diva's favorite against the Total Divas. Ties that into the fold as well.

I don't think they intend to tie that crap into the main storyline. Outside of that one moment with Brie and Bryan. Its not really needed.

I hope they keep the Wyatt Family far, far away from the on-going D-Bry/Orton/HHH/Steph angle. I still think the Wyatt stuff is leading towards an Undertaker appearance/match. Or maybe Kane returns and we get a 3 on 2 handicap match at Survivor Series or something. I've been clamoring for that match ever since the angle with Kane started, though, so...

Oh yeah, anyone else smell a Deadly Games tournament coming up? We've got awhile until Survivor Series - they could pull off a company wide tournament for the WWE Championship. And it's been 15 years or so (holy fuck!) since that Deadly Games tourney in '98.

• Like 1

WWE.com has an interesting article up, about the Dusty segment...

The elder Rhodes brother ended the terse call with an ominous message: “Steph, you crossed the line. Triple H, you crossed the line. You won’t see me comin’. You won’t see Cody comin’. You’re all gonna fall.”

Cody Rhodes did not return our texts or e-mails but simply tweeted to the world from @CodyRhodesWWE “Cowards. #WatchThemAllFall”

Isn't that what the Wyatt promo was about? "They're all gonna fall"?

WWE.com has an interesting article up, about the Dusty segment...

The elder Rhodes brother ended the terse call with an ominous message: “Steph, you crossed the line. Triple H, you crossed the line. You won’t see me comin’. You won’t see Cody comin’. You’re all gonna fall.”

Cody Rhodes did not return our texts or e-mails but simply tweeted to the world from @CodyRhodesWWE “Cowards. #WatchThemAllFall”

Isn't that what the Wyatt promo was about? "They're all gonna fall"?

I am so excited for this. Midnight Riders for everyone.