DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/8/18

*Taped for Xplosion: oVe (Dave & Jake Crist) def. TECH (Mike Monroe & TC Reid)
*Taped for Xplosion: Rosemary def. Amber Nova

Impact Wrestling - Airing February 8, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*Matt Sydal & Taiji Ishimori def. El Hijo del Fantasma & Rohit Raju

*Cult of Lee (Trevor Lee & Caleb Konley) def. TECH (Mike Monroe & TC Reid). After the match, LAX appear on the screen with Konnan warning the Cult of Lee that they are coming for them and there's nothing they can do about it.

*Laurel Van Ness def. Kiera Hogan. After the match, Laurel attacks Kiera until Allie makes the save. Allie stands tall with the title.

*Hania def. Amber Nova. After the match, Rosemary attacks Hania and sends her running.

*Johnny Impact def. Alberto el Patron, Ethan Carter III, & Moose via pinfall on EC3 to become #1 contender to the Impact Wrestling Global Championship. Moose had to be helped to the back with a possible leg injury.

Looks good to me. Aries world title reign was possibly the highlight of the Dixie Carter regime. WWE made a mistake trying to pigeonhole Aries in the cruiserweight division. He should have been on Smackdown in the mix with AJ, KO, Sami, and Nakamura.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Looks good to me. Aries world title reign was possibly the highlight of the Dixie Carter regime. WWE made a mistake trying to pigeonhole Aries in the cruiserweight division. He should have been on Smackdown in the mix with AJ, KO, Sami, and Nakamura.

I still can't believe they didn't run Aries/Roode at least once in NXT

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, BEN! said:

I wouldn't bet on it.

She managed to make her bad rep even worse during her short stint.

Yeah, she has a notoriously horrible attitude, but the booking really did suck. 

She debuts by beating down Rosemary after a run in, has a lengthy blow off match, and then gets booked to job out to Su Yung in under a minute.

That makes zero sense if you don't want the expense of bringing in workers to job to your main roster and decide to build a small pool of worthy contenders.

Solid show that set up a lot of new angles/feuds/directions. X Tag opener was really good with a ton of time, loved Sydal & Ishimori as a team. Main event was a fun brawl among top guys. Liked this week's flashback being Aries 2012 title win, still my fav TNA match/moment. With Borash replaced, I guess we'll just never see the announce table for the next few months.

• Like 1

I wasn't crazy about this weeks episode. The X Division match seemed like a match to have a match plus it was odd seeing Fantasma as a face after his initial heel run in the company with no explanation.

Hania looks impressive. Stinks to hear about the backstage stuff.