DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/1/18

*Dark Match: Caleb Konley def. Rohit Raju

Impact Wrestling - Airing February 1, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*Matt Sydal(c) def. Fallah Bahh to retain the Impact Grand Championship in a regular match with no rounds or judges.

*Lashley def. KM

*Kiera Hogan def. Laurel Van Ness in a non title match after a distraction from Allie

*LAX come out for a promo. Konnan calls out oVe. Sami Callihan says he hates LAX and the Impact Zone because oVe hates everything. Sami says he respects LAX but has bigger fish to fry so the feud is done but they will be tag champions again in 2018. Konnan says there are no bigger fish, they are the whole damn tuna. Caleb Konley & Trevor Lee then attack LAX.

*Moose & Johnny Impact def. Ethan Carter III & Alberto el Patron

*Eli Drake & Chris Adonis out to celebrate the Life of Eli Drake on the Fact of Life. They say Eli is the greatest champion, dresser, and friend of all time. Austin Aries returns to interrupt, taking offense to Eli saying he was the greatest man to ever live. Aries gives his own facts: He is a 6 time X Champ and longest reigning ever, former tag and former world champ. Aries says if Eli wants to be the greatest, he will beat him anywhere any time. Adonis attacks Aries from behind so Eli calls for a ref to start the match now with both in street clothes.

*Austin Aries def. Eli Drake(c) (w/ Chris Adonis) to WIN the Impact Wrestling Global Championship!

Eh I would say Aries is a fine replacement for champion instead of Drake.  It isn't going to get more people watching the product but the truth is nothing will.  

There is really one person or specifically a group that make any dent in TNA and Ring of Honor is never going to have that happen

• 3 weeks later...

Decent show to kick off the new era. I was a huge fan of Eli's reign so hate to see it end so sudden and abrupt but the overall segment was pretty cool and it's good to see Aries back, who is one of my all time favorites. Great stuff from Eli/Adonis, a pairing I'll definitely miss. I hope Eli doesn't end up getting lost in the shuffle later in the year. Main event tag was solid stuff.

I don't like the guy that much but I felt bad for Eli. He's been the top heel for months and then gets treated like a geek by Aries in under 5 minutes. Another "new era" that didn't feel new except for the new ring. Nice to see Kiera Hogan in the knockouts division. Been a fan for a while. Hopefully, she gets enough tv time to get an NXT deal in a year or two.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Nice to see Kiera Hogan in the knockouts division. Been a fan for a while. Hopefully, she gets enough tv time to get an NXT deal in a year or two.

She's a good addition for as long as Impact can keep her.

6 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I've never heard of Kiera Hogan before but I'm definitely interested in looking up her matches.  Any recommendations on her work elsewhere?

WSU (King and Queen Tournament, vs Britt Baker, vs Su Yung and Veda Scott) and SHINE (vs Shotzi Blackheart, Vs Priscilla Kelly)

• Thanks 1

OK, now Impact doesn't air in HD over here, so maybe I was seeing something that wasn't there, but did Keira Hogan suffer a wardrobe malfunction at one point there?Because it looked like she did.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 9:27 PM, AxB said:

OK, now Impact doesn't air in HD over here, so maybe I was seeing something that wasn't there, but did Keira Hogan suffer a wardrobe malfunction at one point there?Because it looked like she did.

I am catching up on Impact and this show and I am sure that either Laurel Van Ness's one boob was poking out the entire match or her pastie was exposed.  Although since she is crazy that might have been on purpose  

• Haha 1