DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Third generation itis?

Pretty much. Got a buddy that is a well known photographer in the southern states. Over the past 30 years he has done free promo pics for a couple hundred wrestlers. From local indy talent to legends like Jimmy Hart,Lawler,etc. The only person to say no to him was Tessa. 

After that a few months later he was doing ringside photography for a show out in TX,IIRC. They had two dressing rooms,one for the women one for the men. Tessa demanded her own private dressing room or she  was leaving. The promoter told her that there wasn't another dressing room. So Tessa left.

10 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Hmmm... Think NJPW would do the Bullet Club split and let them run the first Cody vs Kenny match here?  

Supposedly Cody/Omega is going to happen at ROH's Supercard of Honor in April. I guess the Bullet Club split happens at the New Japan Long Beach show, then.

• 2 weeks later...

Meltz is speculating that 3/1 will be the venue announcement date... he thinks it'll be Chicago, coming down to Allstate Arena (way too big, too far out of town) or Sears Centre (which is even farther out of town).

Meltzer added that the reason it is believed to be Chicago is that they are going to partner with Pro Wrestling Tees (who is in Chicago) and they will run a convention too.

Here's the blurb

There is a working idea (meaning it’s kind of the plan but could change) for the announcement of the location of All In on 9/1 being announced on or around 3/1. Within wrestling, everyone thinks it’s Chicago (not sure of the building, as the choices would appear to be All-State Arena or Sears Center) just because of the idea they could do a convention in association with it and with Pro Wrestling Tees in Chicago it’s the most convenient location when it comes to merchandise. We have heard other cities mentioned as well. The only thing we were told is that the Cow Palace in San Francisco was out because while the rent of the building was extremely low for a place that can hold as many as 14,500 or so for wrestling, that the costs of streaming live would be high. I guess that tells you that live streaming is part of the component

All-State isn't that far out of town. You're basically heading out to O'Haire and there's plenty of cheap hotels for everyone to stay at. Plus, I'd imagine that restaurants near downtown or on the north side will run the same free bus trips to the arena and back.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

All-State isn't that far out of town. You're basically heading out to O'Haire and there's plenty of cheap hotels for everyone to stay at. Plus, I'd imagine that restaurants near downtown or on the north side will run the same free bus trips to the arena and back.

Well, the other reason I don't think it's Allstate is because it's way bigger than the 10,000 seaters they were discussing, which would make it an echo chamber unless the place is/was absolutely packed out. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well, the other reason I don't think it's Allstate is because it's way bigger than the 10,000 seaters they were discussing, which would make it an echo chamber unless the place is/was absolutely packed out. 

Would it be that bad? It seats 18,000 and the NXT Takeover in Chicago wasn't a sell out. Maybe they just tarp off empty sections? Of course, I'm thinking it wouldn't be that bad if they can hit 10,000 to 11,000. If it's way less, ugh, that's bad.

I would think the cost for the Allstate Arena would be much high than other venues too, but like you said, other places are even further out of the way.

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Would it be that bad? It seats 18,000 and the NXT Takeover in Chicago wasn't a sell out. Maybe they just tarp off empty sections? Of course, I'm thinking it wouldn't be that bad if they can hit 10,000 to 11,000. If it's way less, ugh, that's bad.

I would think the cost for the Allstate Arena would be much high than other venues too, but like you said, other places are even further out of the way.

Precisely- I don't think they want to die on that hill. I remember those Loyola games at the Horizon where you had 2,000 people rattling around there like marbles in a bathroom sink on a good night.

Again, UIC is in town. WinTrust is in town (though probably outside their price range). Welsh-Ryan would be a fun option if they weren't renovating the old girl. Even Chicago State's place (7,000 cap) could have possibilities.

• Like 1

Seeming as the whole origin of this show was whether or not they could draw 10,000, I don't think they'll be looking anything with a capacity beneath that. If they're doing a co-promoted convention with PWT, they'll probably be even more ambitious than they originally were.

4 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Seeming as the whole origin of this show was whether or not they could draw 10,000, I don't think they'll be looking anything with a capacity beneath that. If they're doing a co-promoted convention with PWT, they'll probably be even more ambitious than they originally were.

This is also true. I just threw Chicago State in because it's possible they could fit more than 7,000 if that's just the basketball capacity.

• Like 2

They have to figure the P&L in all of this.  You can go to a 15k arena, seat 10k, and call it a success yet lose a ton of money because you pay for every open seat.  

Even if they partner, they should stick to 10k making sure they cover costs from ticket sales.  Everything else can be gravy.  The point is they can sell out 10k.  If they turn out 12k maybe they run another show.  

The reason for this is there will be high demand due to the novelty of show in addition to the talent on the show.  The next show may not sell as well in the same arena.