DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

Yeah, it is weird thing. I think it could work if Okada isn't the champ by that point, otherwise entire premise of the show feels compromised. But even then, you can't really talk about indie wrestling being over when you are using ace of the second biggest promotion in the world. Last thing we need now is NJPW logo appearing on that All In banner.

But I saw some comments and people don't really give a shit, they are excited for Okada and already hoping that maybe Suzuki and Naito could be there too. Its like deep down nobody bought Cody's bullshit in the first place.

.Even with the recent development of Okada being, "All In," I still don't know how much of a draw Okada is in the States. I still think this show if they do want to get the 10k, need something else. I still think this show needs CM Punk. With his UFC commitment that might not be feasible, but Okada/Punk would get them 10k for this show, easily. 

For all the buzz they have gotten over the years, NJPW/ROH have only been able to do over 5k once individually in the US. New Japan could have conceivably booked a bigger building for Strong Style Evolved. The issue for New Japan/Cody/Bullet Club might be if they end up getting "overexposed" running in the US, thus making it harder to draw the types of crowds they would feel necessary to justify the trips, setting up a US based satellite, or really giving the E a go as the foremost competition.  

57 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

For all the buzz they have gotten over the years, NJPW/ROH have only been able to do over 5k once individually in the US. New Japan could have conceivably booked a bigger building for Strong Style Evolved.

New Japan is running the Cow Palace in July, so that could be a pretty good bellwether.

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

GUYS! GUYS!

THIS IS TOTALLY IN THE SPIRIT ON THE ORIGINAL BET!

AND BULLET CLUB IS FINE!!!

I'm sure Meltzer will quibble over losing that dollar that he wants to lose anyways.

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I'm sure Meltzer will quibble over losing that dollar that he wants to lose anyways.

Honestly - I don't think anyone truly cares about the bet (well except those that want to be able to gloat that it failed)

But I am going to keep giggling over the fact that Cody kept insisting that they were going to do it on their own and "not piggy back off of ROH" and instead it is looking like "piggy backing off of New Japan"

Going on a hiatus? I was wondering how they would stretch some of these storylines through the summer, so this makes sense. 

I would have liked Cody to have smiled devilishly at the end because this was what he wanted all along. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I posted the video in the NWA thread but the NWA is now teasing that Nick Aldis will defend the NWA title at the All In show

That will put butt into seats.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I would have liked Cody to have smiled devilishly at the end because this was what he wanted all along. 

Could explain it as Cody's asshole act being a bit of facade and that deep down he wanted to be the leader and liked. Because frankly at this point there isn't that much point to continue their feud, but Cody might still go after Omega if he thinks that despite all he did (and won at RoH) everyone still prefers Omega over him. He won, but he lost.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:21 PM, Edwin said:

Will this be streamed on Honor Club?

I'd sign up for VIP and pay $120 for the service if it is... :unsure:

But they only have $40 coupons for when the stream fails.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...