DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

19 hours ago, odessasteps said:
  Reveal hidden contents

virus.jpg

Speaking of viruses this is totally random but you are the Lucha guy so you would know: whatever happened to the luchador SIDA (Which is Spanish for AIDS)? I think that may have topped Black October as the most tasteless/offensive Lucha gimmick ever.

Will that be geo blocked? You'd figure they'd mention it if it were, seeming it's the global twitter account and all. At least there will be a reliable backup when the honor club option inevitably dies. Won't have to wait too long. 

3 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Who subscribes to New Japan World, but already ordered ALL IN?

You guessed it...not Frank Stallone.

Well, it is possible he's a Bullet Club fan and did order ALL IN, but in this case, it's me. Oh well, at least I'm doing my part to support Cody and the Bucks. It's $40, it won't break me. 

Maybe this is just who I follow on the Twitter machines, but it seems like there's a real push to have Jordynne Grace win the Battle Royale and the ROH Championship. What are the odds this actually happens? The only reason I think it's likely is because I think Aldis is going to retain against Cody and this way there will be a title change on the show.

1 hour ago, Brysynner said:

Maybe this is just who I follow on the Twitter machines, but it seems like there's a real push to have Jordynne Grace win the Battle Royale and the ROH Championship. What are the odds this actually happens? The only reason I think it's likely is because I think Aldis is going to retain against Cody and this way there will be a title change on the show.

While I can possibly see her winning the battle royal, I don't see Jay Lethal losing the ROH title yet. I don't know if he holds it until MSG, but he just won the title, so he shouldn't drop it so soon. I do think Cody is going to win the NWA title.

I think Flip Gordon is going to be one of the final five announced for the battle royal, and possibly win it.

• Like 1

Flip being in the battle royal, and winning it, feels so obvious that my instinct is they'll do something else... but then we have no idea how these guys book. Maybe he'll enter under the Chico mask, while Rocky's still in the match. We know he doesn't job, after all.

I suspect, after his appearance in Cody's training video, that we'll get Glacier as a surprise entrant also. In any case, they need to save someone good for #15, since the crowd's gonna be hoping for Pac/Neville/whatever he goes by. (And I'm assuming it won't be.)

2 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Flip being in the battle royal, and winning it, feels so obvious that my instinct is they'll do something else... but then we have no idea how these guys book. Maybe he'll enter under the Chico mask, while Rocky's still in the match. We know he doesn't job, after all.

I suspect, after his appearance in Cody's training video, that we'll get Glacier as a surprise entrant also. In any case, they need to save someone good for #15, since the crowd's gonna be hoping for Pac/Neville/whatever he goes by. (And I'm assuming it won't be.)

Super Chico~!

Speaking of super Chico which would not be surprising at all imagine the reaction if they somehow talked Meltzer in to being a surprise entrant for the battle royal. 

Or fly Marty in so this board can implode. 

15 hours ago, sabremike said:

Speaking of viruses this is totally random but you are the Lucha guy so you would know: whatever happened to the luchador SIDA (Which is Spanish for AIDS)? I think that may have topped Black October as the most tasteless/offensive Lucha gimmick ever.

The awesome Lucha Loco book is literally the only place I've ever seen or heard of him. Even Luchawiki only has his name and photo from that book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zartan said:

Speaking of super Chico which would not be surprising at all imagine the reaction if they somehow talked Meltzer in to being a surprise entrant for the battle royal. 

Or fly Marty in so this board can implode. 

I would be rather entertained if it was revealed to be Dave.  But they have to all immediately gang up and toss him out crowdsurf style for him saying they couldn't draw 10,000.

If you haven't already check out Cody and Bucks on Talk is Jericho.  They talked a lot about how this all came to be.  And while Dave's comments really got things in motion it sounded like they were planning this before that anyway.  But either way it's a really fun episode worth checking out.