DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

Joey Janela is scheduled to face Adam Page, leaving Penelope Ford as the only person not in a match at this point.

WGN America just announced they are going to be airing Ring Warriors. Not sure they will want to be airing two different wrestling companies on their network.

On 8/13/2018 at 10:36 PM, Dewar said:

Joey Janela is scheduled to face Adam Page, leaving Penelope Ford as the only person not in a match at this point.

MJF isn't officially announced for a match, even though he's likely just in the Over Budget Battle Royal.

On 8/13/2018 at 8:36 PM, Dewar said:

WGN America just announced they are going to be airing Ring Warriors. Not sure they will want to be airing two different wrestling companies on their network.

I read some where that Ring Warriors is in a time slot that is usually reserved for paid programming so the speculation is that the promoters bought the time. If that is the case and All In Zero Hour gets respectable ratings why wouldn’t WGN give ROH a timeslot and air Ring Warriors until that agreement is completed.

3 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I read some where that Ring Warriors is in a time slot that is usually reserved for paid programming so the speculation is that the promoters bought the time. If that is the case and All In Zero Hour gets respectable ratings why wouldn’t WGN give ROH a timeslot and air Ring Warriors until that agreement is completed.

WGN is a Tribune station, which Sinclair was trying to buy, the deal fell through and now Tribune is suing Sinclair, so that would be an obstacle to having ROH on WGN.

Tribune is suing Sinclair?

and Meltzer’s the one who speculated about Ring Warriors buying the time in last week’s Observer:

It’s notable because WGN already has a wrestling franchise, Ring Warriors, although that is in what has been a paid programming time slot and while it’s not clear if the promoters are paying for the time slot, which hasn’t been a successful proposition for any wrestling company in decades, or if it’s a barter deal. Either way, in a Saturday at 8 a.m. time slot in this day and age, with a no buzz promotion, the odds of it lasting are long

I hope they explicitly request free original programming in whatever hypothetical agreement they reach. That way it’s judt not the syndicated show but an actual show onto itself.

WGN is atleast somewhat interested in wrestling on their Network. Maybe Impact steps in and they switch channels. Idk but it’s a very promising time for wrestling fans somewhat or fully burnt out on the Wwe. It’d be nice to have a viable alternative.

• Like 4

On 8/13/2018 at 11:36 PM, Dewar said:

I guess that makes her... 

...all out.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 3

Hope he wins the fucking thing and the ROH title. Serve those neckbeards in Long Beach right for booing him against Tanahashi.

In reality good for him getting booked in this and it’s exactky where a former attitude era guy should be in the wacky pre show battle royal. 

Whoever said Colt Cabana is probably right they are in Chicago adjacent, I know he’s not the most well liked wrestler on this board but fuck give him his moment put the belt on him. They can always put it back on Lethal on Death Before Dishonor. 

• Like 1

"Give them their moment and put the belt on them" is a shit take for wrestling companies. If everyone gets a run with the main belt, what makes it special?

There was a time where Cabana would have been a legitimate choice as ROH champion. That time is long past. Want to give him a moment? Let him win that stupid six man title from Matt Taven and the other two schmucks.

Have someone who has never faced Jay win that battle royal. Gives a fresh match on a show where the ROH title will mean very little.

• Like 1

I generally only watch the big ROH PPVs and maybe the odd match from TV/house shows on Honor Club, but weren't they building towards a big Colt/Bully match? Wouldn't that be his big moment? Bully's a perfect opponent for him right now anyway, as he's mostly seen as a WWE guy on top of being a great jerk heel.

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

He should break out the Laffite gimmick and "hijack" the Jericho cruise.

If I ever book a show on a boat, I'm hiring you to program it. Such a fucking great idea. He could bring Kairi Hojo along and wreck shop as a mixed tag team.

• Like 2