DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

48 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

That would be pretty cool actually if she won the Battle Royal and then beat Lethal for the championship.

I think it’d be a really awesome moment if a women won a man’s World Heavyweight Championship. You could have her lose it back to Jay at DBD 27 days later. Just a thought.

I do like the idea of a none ROH contracted wrestler winning the Battle Royal and the. beating Lethal for the championship be an exciting way to introduce a debuting wrestler into ROH.

is Ethan Page still contracted to Impact Wrestling?

Austin Aries has been appearing on both Impact and ROH. Aries as a mystery entrant and winning the battle royal would be awesome. That's my pick. Austin Aries is challenging Jay Lethal.

Or just fuck it PCO is a surprise entrant wins and then beats Lethal. Strike while the irons hot. Have PCO still do his I die dates defending the ROH title raise the profile of the title. Then have him drop it at Final Battle.

Green, Ethan or PCO those are my picks 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Or just fuck it PCO is a surprise entrant wins and then beats Lethal. Strike while the irons hot. Have PCO still do his I die dates defending the ROH title raise the profile of the title. Then have him drop it at Final Battle.

Green, Ethan or PCO those are my picks 

ROH world champion, PCO. Sign me up.

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Guys, it's in Chicago(ish). You're getting Cabana vs Lethal.

Burnard the Business Bear is going to win the battle royal, remove the bear head, and reveal...CM Punk.

*I have no expectation of that happening, but it would be a true holy shit moment.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Burnard the Business Bear is going to win the battle royal, remove the bear head, and reveal...CM Punk.

*I have no expectation of that happening, but it would be a true holy shit moment.

He takes off the head and it's the CP Munk head from Chikara. THEN he takes that off and it's Punk.  DOUBLE SWERVE!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

He takes off the head and it's the CP Munk head from Chikara. THEN he takes that off and it's Punk.  DOUBLE SWERVE!

Even better, the Munk head comes off and it's the Colt Cabunny head. Then he takes it off and we get Lethal vs Necro Butcher for the title.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2018 at 1:30 PM, Sublime said:

I was thinking of ordering this but idk if I'm willing to pay 40 bucks for it. The final card is going to have to look real good to get me back on board. If it was half that it would be an easy decision for me.

Well, you can cut it to $30 by subscribing to honor club, plus get a month or honor club.

I don't use it as much as I thought I would, and the fact that they've still only uploaded like two shows and a few matches pre-2014 is really obnoxious, but if you are planning to buy their ppvs, or anything from their merch store, the discounts are nice (15% off merch, 50% off ppvs)

I did the year long VIP thing so ppvs are free, and it let me hook @Dolfan in NYC with access to the G1 SuperCard ticket presale so I'm pretty happy with it even if I have some complaints.

• Like 2

Just now, Oyaji said:

They need to upload more damn old shows. I totally forgot Shamrock was the special ref for Ki/Danielson. 

That's definitely the biggest issue. I was optimistic when they uploaded Era of Honor Begins and Round Robin Challenge. But then... Nada.

I want Jimmy Loves Lacy/Lacy Loves Jimmy godammit.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well, you can cut it to $30 by subscribing to honor club, plus get a month or honor club.

Did they fix the live streaming issues yet? There was someone previous pages in this thread always saying he had issues (along with multiple others on other websites) with live streams.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I've thought of that but I haven't given ROH any of my money since Sinclair took over and not sure if I want to do so (directly) for this event. 

• Like 1

I think the crowd will be really generous to Cody/Aldis for about ten minutes, but if they try to go a half hour or something it could get ugly. That crowd wants workrate, and will get it elsewhere, but they also just want to see Cody win and give a nice speech about how WE DID IT. No need to drag it out too long. 

• Like 2

In terms of workrate Cody/Aldis is very likely to be worst match on the card. So I'm sure that crowd will be way more into Omega/Penta than in main event. But at the same time, if Cody wins, then that moment will go down into history books (obviously exaggerating a bit) while nobody is likely going to remember Omega/Penta six months later.

Only Cody can fuck this up if he decides to deliver 45min "classic".

I know selling out means they don’t exactly need to put posters around town, but if they did, they should pay this guy and use this. (Though as is, anyone famous enough to get fanart who actually credits and @‘s the artist when posting is doing a good thing that shouldn’t be so rare.)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I dont know how it doesn't end with the booker/promoter putting himself over to win the world title.

#apple #tree

One of the Bucks said on Twitter that their 6 man tag match is closing the show.

Also, Meltzer said that there's a real possibility of All In being shown in full on WGN America once the PPV window closes. They originally wanted to air the entire thing on their network, but supposedly the Bucks and Cody had a "vision for the show".