DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

That... seems like too many people, right? Ring announcer, three person booth, and three more for backstage segments? Is it even going to be the kind of broadcast that has those? Or will they rotate the booth? Maybe Cyrus only calls Omega’s match? Maybe I end a sentence in something other than a question mark?

On 7/9/2018 at 9:05 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So, with what happened in San Fran with the Firing Squad, do you think we get another attack by Haku and sons at ALL IN? Maybe the GoD vs. Takahashi & Chase Owens? Will Fale make his choice between BC and the Tongan Club?

In the islands we are all cousins.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

None.

EDIT: Elaborating because I was at Six Flags when I answered that.  Ortega's dad worked primarly in the North Jersey indies and Lucha themed promotions in the 90's as Bandido (those feds ran in the primarliary heavly hispanic populated Towns/Cities in North Jersey, like Patterson, Union, Perth Amboy, etc).  I called the show where Bandido lost a "retirement" match and quit ( he then came back in an angle at the end of the night, unmasked as a different person).  That show, Ortega dropped his "fool the Labor Board" mask (he had just turned 18) and took up the Bandido mask and started working Jersey as Bandido Jr.  

The current Bandido is someone totally different that started in Mexico, because Mexico doesn't give a shit about an indy dude in the US's gimmick from 20 years ago, nor should he.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, S.K.o.S. said:

With 3/4 of the Golden Elite in that match, folks are saying this strongly implies we'll also get Omega vs. Pentagon.

My two favourite current guys! I can see it. They really played up their interactions at BOLA and the crowd ate that shit up. There would be no doubt as to who would win but that's okay! 

9 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I think if they'd made the "Bullet Club vs Wrestling All-stars" theme a little clearer from the outset, they might not have gotten such a wtf reaction to Scurll vs Okada.

Is that the reaction they got? I mostly saw people who were hyped for it

(Full disclosure, I'm wearing a Too Sweet Woop Woop t-shirt as I type this so I'm not necessarily an objective observer here)

• Like 2

It got a wtf reaction here, and I think plenty of internet wrestling people anticipated a more even tiered dream match, but Scurll is absolutely a star to the people who bought tickets/will stream this. It seems a bit predictable, but given that Okada's not showing up to lose anyway, you might as well book him against someone who can benefit from a close call. And there will be another umbrella/rainmaker spot, which will be fun.

Per the new BTE - All In will be aired on PPV/Fite with WGN America airing the first hour free (I am not sure if that is supposed to be a kickoff show or the actual All In show)

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 3:24 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Is that the reaction they got? I mostly saw people who were hyped for it

(Full disclosure, I'm wearing a Too Sweet Woop Woop t-shirt as I type this so I'm not necessarily an objective observer here)

I got complemented twice last week on my Villain Club shirt. One of the guys looked like Mark Henry, and he appreciated being told so.

• Like 2