DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

3 hours ago, EVA said:

To the crowd they sold this show to, that’s a big match.

Exactly. While this is a match that I personally have not much interest in, I am shaking my head at how many people are LOLzing at this announcement like it isn't a match that most of the 10,000 fans going to All In are going to eat up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beech27 said:

It’s also a match New Japan will never book, since Marty’s a junior. Might have made using Okada a little easier.

I don't know about never. Don't they have a history of running the occasional heavyweight champ vs. junior champ match, like Okada/Ospreay earlier this year, and the famous Hashimoto/Liger match from '94? I could see a situation where Okada and Scurll hold their respective titles again and get matched up to headline a secondary show.

But yeah, it's not a match that will definitely happen in NJ, and in any case it wouldn't be happening there anytime soon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, Okada could be announced as wrestling Ellsworth and I doubt anyone would sell their ticket. 

I would watch the fuck out of Ellsworth/Okada

• Like 2

Haha, ok, well...

Nick Aldis has his opponent at All In.

It's Flip.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I misread the report. It's Aldis vs Flip at ROH. Though I suppose if Flip wins, it'll be Cody vs Flip at All In.

41 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Haha, ok, well...

Nick Aldis has his opponent at All In.

It's Flip.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I misread the report. It's Aldis vs Flip at ROH. Though I suppose if Flip wins, it'll be Cody vs Flip at All In.

1*bKhLWWImDaDT4CoKJmVg-w.gif

• Haha 2

So, with what happened in San Fran with the Firing Squad, do you think we get another attack by Haku and sons at ALL IN? Maybe the GoD vs. Takahashi & Chase Owens? Will Fale make his choice between BC and the Tongan Club?

Considering Fale's relateed to Tama and Leo, I would guess so.

EDIT: I mean, related to Tanga.  Although I think it's on Tanga's mother's side, so it's not blood to Haku.

9 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Considering Fale's relateed to Tama and Leo, I would guess so.

EDIT: I mean, related to Tanga.  Although I think it's on Tanga's mother's side, so it's not blood to Haku.

It's whatever Haku says it is. If he says it's blood, that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

So here's the Aldis vs Flip announcement video:

It's telegraphed as fuck but I think with the audience that's going to be at the show, Flip's Being the Elite storyline of trying and failing every time to get on the All In card, that Flip should walk away as NWA Champion in Nashville.

I'm not the biggest Flip Gordon fan I think he is a toolshed but I think Cody vs Flip for the NWA Championship at All In would go over stronger than Cody vs Aldis. 

Cody should go over at All In 100%. Flip should be nothing more than a transitional champion. Flip invokes rematch clause at DBD in Vegas, Cody goes over again and then boom ALdis attacks after bell, cuts heel promo about never getting a rematch and then build towards Cody vs Aldis. 

I'd also give Cody a long reign as in ring lability or lack thereof if thats the side of the fence your own, Cody as NWA Champion would help in making that brand hip again. It'd be more exposure than Aldis as champion thats for sure.

• Like 1

Well, I'm legitimately happy Excalibur will be calling at least some of the action. If he's interacting with Riccaboni the world will implode. Excalibur is a casual conversationalist and Riccaboni is fake radio guy. Polar opposites and I don't see it going well. But a team of Excalibur and Cyrus could rule.

• Like 1