DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

8 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Hey, how bad does Cornette want to be able to post his ALL IN pic? You know he's seething that he can't be part of this. I'm sure he's pitching ideas about "Invading" in his head.

Bernard the Business Bear interfering in Omega's match, and then taking off the bear head to reveal Jim Cornette, would be kind of fantastic.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Hey, how bad does Cornette want to be able to post his ALL IN pic? You know he's seething that he can't be part of this. I'm sure he's pitching ideas about "Invading" in his head.

Well, publicly, he said he turned down an offer to do the podcast convention. And wished Cody well and said what they did was impressive. 

24 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Bernard the Business Bear interfering in Omega's match, and then taking off the bear head to reveal Jim Cornette, would be kind of fantastic.

The roof would blow off that place. It'd easily be the loudest pop of the night. 

• Like 1

I’m mostly curious what they meant by “neutral site”, if anything. WWE, NXT, and its affiliated indies wouldn’t count, and neither would ROH, New Japan, or All In. So... an empty arena match, simulcast on upupdowndown and BTE? (Half the appeal of such a match would be the transgressive nature of seeing The Elite, unsigned, in WWE, so I hope some carefully curated middle ground isn’t it.)

On 6/16/2018 at 11:26 AM, Web Conn said:

The roof would blow off that place. It'd easily be the loudest pop of the night. 

Probably not a pop, but incredible heat. Imagine when Jerry Lawler showed up in ECW, but you know, in front of 10,000 rabid fans instead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Probably not a pop, but incredible heat. Imagine when Jerry Lawler showed up in ECW, but you know, in front of 10,000 rabid fans instead.

"This building oughta be built in toilet paper 'cause there's nothing in it but shit!"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

"This building oughta be built in toilet paper 'cause there's nothing in it but shit!"

Have the Young Bucks come out and super kick Kenny turning on him and join Cornette, super kicking everyone who runs out to help Kenny as Jim cuts a promo tearing the crowd and the show a new one. 

That would be awesome.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Have the Young Bucks come out and super kick Kenny turning on him and join Cornette, super kicking everyone who runs out to help Kenny as Jim cuts a promo tearing the crowd and the show a new one. 

That would be awesome.

Just lost it picturing Jimbo rupturing Kenny's testicle with a cane shot.

46 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Cody beats Aldis for the NWA Title from Nick Aldis to end the night and Joins forces with Cornette and the Young Bucks forming the biggest heel faction in Indie Wrestling.

The New New NWA Invasion. Bring Bodacious Bart and Bombastic Bob back, then kick them out of the group to kickstart a Bucks/New Midnight Express feud. 

I've got Cody winning the ROH and NWA titles and throwing them BOTH down like Shane Douglas and declaring himself the new super-everything World champion.

It's even more dastardly because his dad held the NWA World title.

You heard it here first.

19 hours ago, Web Conn said:

That would be awesome.

19 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Cody beats Aldis for the NWA Title from Nick Aldis to end the night and Joins forces with Cornette and the Young Bucks forming the biggest heel faction in Indie Wrestling.

Turning the Bucks heel in front of that crowd would work about as well as turning Austin heel in Houston at WM 17.  Which is to say, it won't.

Watching BTE and Adam Page clearly has the best 1980s sitcom smile during the intro and his smile is pretty great in general. Maybe he has untapped potential as a white meat babyface. I've never bought into his tough guy routine, so hopefully he gets a shot down the line.That is all.

Edit: I really do enjoy the Kazarian/Daniels good cop/bad cop behind the camera routine. Frankie killed Scurll so hard. Big fan of the random SCU shouts too. One thing they've overstretched this season is the Lethal/Macho skits.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...