DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

3 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

They'd need a really good broadcast team to make it watchable. Who could they get that's even bearable for the DVD pbp and color? 

Dave Prazak and Lenny Leonard

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

They'd need a really good broadcast team to make it watchable. Who could they get that's even bearable for the DVD pbp and color? 

Mike Tenay and Don West are both available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nate said:

Leonard F. Chikarason is/was(?) a great commentator.  He'd probably have to change his name to Leonard F. Honorson or Woopwooperson.

Leonard F. Allin...and give him a GG Allin gimmick

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 6/4/2018 at 9:29 AM, joseph2112 said:

It's too bad too, fox just spent all that money on WWE and for quite a bit less they could have started their own company that catered to a different audience. 

Imagine if FOX had gotten into Wrestling 20 years ago, it would be a different game. You could argue that the All In audience is the same as the NXT audience. I think it will be very good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Would Don Callis working for Impact prevent him from being #ALLIN? If not, I'd be pushing for him.

Given that Impact has decided to work with anyone I don't think that would be a problem.

• Like 1

They did an angle tonight in Rahway where MJF and Madison Rayne faced Flip and Brandi in what was supposed to be a mixed tag with the winning team being booked on All In. Brandi then said she was hurt but had a replacement... Bernard the Business Bear! And yes, he actually did spots with Rayne with him using a... wait for it... bear hug! Of course he turned on Flip and they did a finish where MJF went to hit Flip with a chair, Rayne (being a babyface despite her heel partner) stopped him, and Brandi came in and low blowed MJF. Unfortunately the ref saw it and disqualified Flip.

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

so ROH is footing the bill or what? I assume that's what "ROH produced" means in this context.

better ROH foot the bill than it coming out of Cody and the Young Buck's pockets

Keep Delirious and his shit booking away from the show. I'm going to cry myself back to sleep if I see the name Hunter Johnston anywhere near this show.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

so ROH is footing the bill or what? I assume that's what "ROH produced" means in this context.

They're using ROH's production crew/supplies. This isn't new news. The event's paid for by Cody and the Bucks.

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

The way the article reads - yes that would be the case.

That being said - it could be the reporter being an idiot and not great at writing.

As part of Sinclair's plans to grow Ring of Honor and take advantage of a "very passionate fanbase," Ripley said the promotion's events are starting to take place at large venues. A show set to take place this year in Chicago sold out 10,000 seats in less than an hour.

On 6/4/2018 at 2:25 PM, Wyld Samurai said:

(raises hand)

Give me Joe Dombrowski and Kingdom James (my IWC Pittsburgh partners from the early 2000s) and we're good to go.

Yeah - the direct quote is about running in larger venues and then the writer mentions Chicago. Reasonable chance a business writer isn’t gonna have a lot of nuance about a show paid for by ROH and a show featuring a bunch of ROH talent.