DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

They went against the grain and did a Wrestlemania weekend type of events outside of wrestlemania its amazing. If the top Indies worked more closely together this probably could've happened 10-15 years ago but either way,  these guys pulled it off. It shows the power is in the talent and I think that is important to show that guys can creat a buzz without the Machine of Vince.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Fuck yeah, slow cookers are the way to go!  My coworkers blow all their paychecks getting Panera delivered, while I'm eating honey sesame chicken at work like a king. 

Air fryers are the shit too. We have one and it's an absolute game changer for perfectly cooked food.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Pete said:

Air fryers are the shit too. We have one and it's an absolute game changer for perfectly cooked food.

An air fryer and an instant pot are both on the wish list. The problem will be finding room for them. Last time I'll side track the conversation, but I'm making black beans today and the soaking and day long cooking really makes me wish I had an instant pot to cook up black beans quicker than this.

Perhaps surprisingly to some folks, Cornette was very complimentary to them on his pod for pulling it off so far. 

Unlike a certain other person, he turned down an invitation from Conrad to do the podcast convention. (A smart move if you ask me) 

So right away Cody drops some news which is that they have a whole advertising budget because they thought they would pull 4,000 the first month and then they'd eventually get up to 10,000 by the time of the show. They now don't have to use any of their advertising budget.

• Like 4

They should use that to stream the show and advertise that, imo.  Probably the vast majority of people who bought tickets (excluding scalpers) were already indie wrestling fans; now that they made news with the quick sellout, streaming it would be their chance to get some new eyes on this and really make a difference.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

They should use that to stream the show and advertise that, imo.  Probably the vast majority of people who bought tickets (excluding scalpers) were already indie wrestling fans; now that they made news with the quick sellout, streaming it would be their chance to get some new eyes on this and really make a difference.

I think they absolutely would love to but would there be an issue with some guys who have contracts elsewhere that would prevent them from doing so (this is the reason PWG can't do streaming)?

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

I think they absolutely would love to but would there be an issue with some guys who have contracts elsewhere that would prevent them from doing so (this is the reason PWG can't do streaming)?

The big reason PWG doesn't stream is because they don't want to.

They have decided they are perfectly happy having the cult following and making what they do via DVD

I assume ROH and New Japan would be more than willing to let their people be on a stream, we know Impact don't give a fuck what talent does the other 340 days a year, so I guess maybe Lucha Underground might be a hold up?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The big reason PWG doesn't stream is because they don't want to.

They have decided they are perfectly happy having the cult following and making what they do via DVD

That is true but really they don't have a choice. The reality is that if they did streaming PWG couldn't be PWG because of guys from other promotions no longer being able to work the shows.

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I bought an air fryer nearly on a whim when it was an Amazon Deal of the Day. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

Tell me more.... been interested in one. But have never used one. You can do fried chicken without blowing $10 on fat?

The only potential pitfall with streaming would be if Cody goes with an unproven vendor who can't sustain potential traffic such a show would bring, or even if the streamer is "proven" the traffic is such that the stream doesn't work/constantly crashes.