DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

I’m on my phone so I can’t post the Starrcast schedule, but goddamn all of that stuff looks like a lot of fun. Off the top of my head - some retrospective about the Empty Arena match with live discussion/commentary by Lawler and Funk, video game tournament hosted by Leva Bates, WarGames retrospective with Blanchard, JJ, Animal and Luger, jam session with Papa Buck, Madusa hosting a women’s panel, NWO retrospective by X-Pac with Hall and Nash, WrestleCrap/Death Of WCW, a breakfast with legends, etc.

Shit.

• Like 3

Hoping the Old Timer's Breakfast is at a nearby Cracker Barrel. 

Empty Arena Retrospective is the best idea. I wonder if they could screen the match and the guys can pause it and talk about it Like Ebert used to do with movies.

• Like 2

At first I thought that $129 was kinda steep, but damn, you get access to a shitload of content if you can make it all three days. If that weren't a weekend where I have my daughter, I probably would go to all three (if I can get a ticket near face value for the actual wrestling show).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nofuture said:

Cracking up at the idea the $20 ticket gets you autographs, just not with wrestlers. You can't get Marty Scurrl's auto, but I'll gladly sign something if I see y'all there...

• Haha 1

Looking at that lineup they're going to make so much damn money it's ridiculous.  I would go to literally all of that if it was closer to me.  Too bad with other expenses I don't have that kind of disposable income.  But if any of you go have fun as that looks to be a blast.

And I'm over the moon thrilled with the success of the ticket sales.  I don't care of Meltz is in with them or not.  But the idea that a joke about a $1 bet turned into this is impressive.  Add to that that Cody and the Bucks seem like awesome guys and I just can't help but be very happy for all of them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Jarrett and Pritchard karaoke would probably be amazing if you were about 8 beers in. Fucking Casio Kid though...

I have no idea who Casio Kid is, but I see he's from Alabama so it's no wonder why Conrad booked him.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, Peck said:

As of 11:40 PM EDT tonight, there were only 333 total seats available on Stubhub. So if a bunch of bots/scalpers somehow got them, they haven't listed them yet(which would be odd compared to most hot-selling concerts & sporting events).

So, IMO, I'd lean towards actual fans who want to be there as the ones who got the significant majority of the tickets today and the building will be close to full.

461 tickets available right now. Scalpers are going to try and make a killing off of this (highest seat is ringside, asking over $1900).

Isn't every entertainment event impacted in some way by scalpers or by tickets being sold on the secondary market? Is there something about this event that is making it more egregious?

I'm just a little baffled why this is such a talking point. 

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

Isn't every entertainment event impacted in some way by scalpers or by tickets being sold on the secondary market? Is there something about this event that is making it more egregious?

I'm just a little baffled why this is such a talking point. 

I think it's because indie wrestling is usually sufficiently under the radar that scalpers don't get involved, and the culture frowns on it.  Most people reselling BOLA tickets, for instance, would do so at face value.  If anyone did it at any sort of markup they'd be considered the absolute worst.

• Like 1

Also I think a lot of fans are frustrated (who were actively trying to buy tickets that is) that they didn't put any sort of cap on # of tickets you could buy

To be fair to them though - NXT only started doing that like the beginning of last year and that was after lots and lots of complaints about their touring shows always getting into the hands of scalpers

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also I think a lot of fans are frustrated (who were actively trying to buy tickets that is) that they didn't put any sort of cap on # of tickets you could buy

That's my big takeaway.  I don't know if it's true (and I'm seriously skeptical) but they're claiming that some transactions purchased 50+ tickets.

10 minutes ago, worldcupfever said:

That's my big takeaway.  I don't know if it's true (and I'm seriously skeptical) but they're claiming that some transactions purchased 50+ tickets.

Who’s claiming that? And if so, does that mean we’ll get an influx on the secondary market as we get closer to the event?

43 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Who’s claiming that? And if so, does that mean we’ll get an influx on the secondary market as we get closer to the event?

Well, that's what is forgotten with the small amount of tickets for sale for All In:

A common method the scalpers will do is only put a small amount of the tickets they have available to start, to make people think "Oh shit, it's going to sell out- I have to get it now!"

As those tickets sell, more will leak and it'll be the same...or if it gets closer, more tickets will be released until there's a lot in August.

19 hours ago, Dewar said:

461 tickets available right now. Scalpers are going to try and make a killing off of this (highest seat is ringside, asking over $1900).

And this moment someone is asking for $2000 for ringside

All of the floor seats are listed at least a $1000 (with most being around $1200)

The cheapest original tickets were $28 - the CHEAPEST asking price for those is $180. Most are between $200 - $300

The floor seats that were sold for $103 - the asking price for those starts at $480 with most beyond $500

If any of you are paying that much to go to Chicago - you are crazy

• Like 2

Meltzer and Alvarez will be at Starrcast as well. I came close to buying the $129 ticket, but couldn't bring myself to do it. That's a week to two week's worth of groceries, money for birthdays or anniversaries, etc. It would be fun to go and for the money you get to see a shit load, but I doubt I'll even have the time to make it all worth it unless I can sell off my bracelet to someone else for days 2 and 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Meltzer and Alvarez will be at Starrcast as well. I came close to buying the $129 ticket, but couldn't bring myself to do it. That's a week to two week's worth of groceries, money for birthdays or anniversaries, etc. It would be fun to go and for the money you get to see a shit load, but I doubt I'll even have the time to make it all worth it unless I can sell off my bracelet to someone else for days 2 and 3.

$129 for 2 weeks of groceries?! Where do you shop, I need to get there!

• Like 2