DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

@sabremike, I can’t imagine them wanting to immediately self-finance another show on shorter notice that might not stand the same chance of selling out. 

True but I would be willing to bet they would sell enough tickets to a second show that they would still make a killing on it. Who would've thought their biggest mistake would be not booking the United Center instead?

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

True but I would be willing to bet they would sell enough tickets to a second show that they would still make a killing on it. Who would've thought their biggest mistake would be not booking the United Center instead?

Nah, Sears is the perfect size (if not perfect location) for what they were going for. The trick is to not get over confident... they have a sweet spot here.

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Things is I can see Bullet Club fans paying 5 to 10 times more than normal price to get into this show.  Hopefully they can gouge the Frank the Clown's of the front row to 20 times more 

For sure they could’ve charged way more for the first few rows. 

For all the talk of scalpers I’m only seeing 187 tickets on stubhub right now. Less than 2%. 

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

Haters gonna hate.

Which is hilarious given your lack understanding between paid and actual attendance in other sports threads.

You honestly think 4,000 tickets were bought by scalpers, and that they'll just sit on StubHub and other websites, not being sold? Or do you think they sold 10K regardless and 4,000 people just won't show up the day of the event?

:huh:

• Like 2

At the end of the day, they sold the show out, regardless of how many went to scalpers.  YMMV on how much of an overall accomplishment that really is, and time will tell how full the building is at bell time.  The only thing that scalpers matter to really is with merch and concession sales come the show. 

I mean, the condition was "Sell out" a 10k arena, and they met it, regardless of they gave themselves the ol' carny chance by not putting the scalper protections in place.

Because, there's a certain karmic hilarity at some cheerleaders spiking the football on a high announced gate with a ton of empty seats, not that it'll happen, but it provides a small sense of amusement.

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Which is hilarious given your lack understanding between paid and actual attendance in other sports threads.

Nope, here's the difference: when the Red Bulls announce a crowd of 20k that's tickets distributed. But thousands of them are comped to groups. I know people who stand outside RBA and wait to be handed a freebie by a group leader with extras, and they almost always get in. For All In they sold 10k tickets. Someone paid money for them and the show sold out in under an hour which means there is demand. Let's say 4k end up on a secondary market at stupid prices. If the market is strong enough, they sell. If they don't the market will force the price down to where they will sell. 

And to put this in perspective: the biggest crowd ECW drew in it's entire history was 6k (the only ECW show that was ever held in Canada in 2000) and that was in a period where pro wrestling's popularity was at it's peak.

• Like 1