DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

4 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Even worse, it's Mother's Day.

THE YOUNG BUCKS DO NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT YOUR QUALITY TIME WITH YOUR MOTHERS.

Well for most of their target audience, mom lives right upstairs, so it's not that bad :P

(I kid, I kid)

EDIT: God damn, @EVA and I made the same joke at the same time

• Haha 2

is there a place to see who all has been confirmed to be at this show? i don't want to browse thru this thread to see one twitter post per page.

also, have any matches or anything been announced?

i'm super interested in getting tickets but would like more info first.

So far: Cody, Bucks, Okada, Omega, Adam Paige, the Green Arrow, Tessa Blanchard, Rey Fenix, Penta, Deonna Purazo, Joey Janela, Penelope Ford, Marty Scurll, Chelsea Green, Brit Baker, Jay Lethal.

Lots of people holding out hope they land Punk. No one should hold their breath. 

No matches announced yet.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Punk is under contract to UFC. I'm not sure why people think he can just up and wrestle if he wants to.

...because a lot of people aren't very bright

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I know it's not going to happen, but the Idea of Punk vs Omega is really cool to me. Punk in New Japan is something I really want to happen but it will never happen.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Haven't the Briscoes been confirmed as well?

No, but they've been confirmed for the Jericho cruise I believe. Because when you think of a cruise to the Bahamas, you immediately think of the Briscoes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Punk is under contract to UFC. I'm not sure why people think he can just up and wrestle if he wants to.

Well depending on how this next fight goes maybe that contract gets torn up and set on fire.

18 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Well depending on how this next fight goes maybe that contract gets torn up and set on fire.

Right. This next fight might be his last. Actually, it's a good chance it will be his last. In addition, the UFC contract will allow Punk to work an event like this if he wanted to because it isn't on TV. This is the bullshit Tom Lawlor ran into when UFC wouldn't release him even though he had no intention to fight for UFC again. His UFC contract wouldn't allow him to work ROH, TNA, NXT, etc., but he could go and work for various indies. I'm pretty sure that's how it works anyway. It's possible Punk's contract is structured differently, but it should be on similar terms.

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Right. This next fight might be his last. Actually, it's a good chance it will be his last. In addition, the UFC contract will allow Punk to work an event like this if he wanted to because it isn't on TV. This is the bullshit Tom Lawlor ran into when UFC wouldn't release him even though he had no intention to fight for UFC again. His UFC contract wouldn't allow him to work ROH, TNA, NXT, etc., but he could go and work for various indies. I'm pretty sure that's how it works anyway. It's possible Punk's contract is structured differently, but it should be on similar terms.

Does MLW count since they have TV and he's shown up on it?

That's the interesting thing I was thinking about because they just started popping up on BeIn or whatever that channel is. I'm not sure how that works, but what I described is what Tom described on a F4W episode.

Of course, if Tom is reading any of this and wants to make a triumphant return, then his insight would be welcome :)