DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

14 hours ago, Oyaji said:

The Bar Wrestling angle was nuclear. So much fun. Joey Ryan vs. Hangman Page: the people go banana. Guy was holding another man's penis for a cool minute there very casually while grown men scream like little girls. Wrestling in 2018 is the best. But everybody taking their phones out and filming The Elite at the start makes 2018 wrestling the worst at the same time.

I did enjoy them not having a standard face-to-face standard but also a meeting of the minds squared, if you will.

At the end of the Ryan/Hangman confrontation i was all "NOT THE PISS" in Honky Tonk Man's voice in my head lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hagan said:

Cody is so delightfully over the top on this show now. Amazing that this started out as the jet-lagged Bucks just trying not to go crazy on the road by filming their travels. Would love to know the process of when they decided to turn this into basically a scripted show. 

They went into that on Colt's podcast when it was them and Kenny on the show last year.  It's worth tracking down.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2018 at 1:39 AM, Oyaji said:

The Bar Wrestling angle was nuclear. So much fun. Joey Ryan vs. Hangman Page: the people go banana. Guy was holding another man's penis for a cool minute there very casually while grown men scream like little girls. Wrestling in 2018 is the best. But everybody taking their phones out and filming The Elite at the start makes 2018 wrestling the worst at the same time.

I did enjoy them not having a standard face-to-face standard but also a meeting of the minds squared, if you will.

Joey Ryan vs Hangman Page is better booked than anything Cornette has done in decades. I hope that match is on All In, so Cornette can have another Twitter meltdown over how out of touch he is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Makes sense, there aren't really many tag teams that Bucks could face (and draw people) in this without it being been there done that type of deal. Golden Lovers could have been one, but I'm sure that they have something else in mind for Omega and they are doing that match at SSE anyway. But Matt vs Nick? Thats something new and they could build a compelling story around it.

• Like 2

So at the moment the card may be

Page vs Ryan

Cody vs Kenny blow off.

Buck vs Buck.

I mean I guess there’s a tease of Flip getting involved. And I’m assuming Brandi/Marty will both have a match. My gut tells me Marty vs Amell could be a laugh. 

On 3/7/2018 at 10:30 PM, nate said:

Be careful with that.  You'll end up with a new handle under your profile name.

You're lucky I only check this thread like once a week because I can't stand the Bucks. 

new title... woop woop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's going to be kinda funny if NJPW sells out the Cow Palace using most of the guys from the show two months earlier. Not that it would make this less cool, but would undercut a bit of the history they are trying to make.

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's going to be kinda funny if NJPW sells out the Cow Palace using most of the guys from the show two months earlier. Not that it would make this less cool, but would undercut a bit of the history they are trying to make.

I know you’re not saying otherwise, but at the end of the day this is great for wrestling. Let new japan draw 10k plus, then let bullet club do 10k or close to it, this is all good stuff. 

But Im wondering with the supposed July new japan show so soon after sse, how many people who are traveling from outside California will be willing to return three months later? Of course with the quick sellout there will be plenty of people who couldn’t get tix for this show who will then go to the July show. We will see, but times are very interesting. 

7 minutes ago, matt925 said:

I know you’re not saying otherwise, but at the end of the day this is great for wrestling. Let new japan draw 10k plus, then let bullet club do 10k or close to it, this is all good stuff. 

But Im wondering with the supposed July new japan show so soon after sse, how many people who are traveling from outside California will be willing to return three months later? Of course with the quick sellout there will be plenty of people who couldn’t get tix for this show who will then go to the July show. We will see, but times are very interesting. 

Jericho/Naito being there I think would do it.

On 3/16/2018 at 6:55 AM, matt925 said:

But Im wondering with the supposed July new japan show so soon after sse, how many people who are traveling from outside California will be willing to return three months later? 

I've wanted to cop tix to both LA shows but have had other life plans interfere. The chance to see them in a building 90 minutes from my house has got me mad nerded up.

I hope it discourages folks from making the turnaround, easier for me to get hype seats.

Meltzer said that Cody stopping using the LaBell lock was a pretty good indicator of when the All In folks knew that there was a good chance Bryan was gonna be cleared by the WWE

It's a larger question, but assuming this works out, I'd guess the WWE offers Daniel Bryan *quite* the renewal contract. So does he stick to what he's been saying and go the Japan/Mexico/Indies route or stay making more money than he can count in WWE.   

Either way... could he do this event, regardless?  I thought his contract ended in September. 

Bryan is not motivated by money, at least not up to this point. He was the one telling guys to hit the indies if they weren't happy in WWE. And if Cody can make a killing outside of WWE, Bryan certainly can. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Either way... could he do this event, regardless?  I thought his contract ended in September. 

He couldn't do this date but Meltzer was saying that the guys had a sense they weren't going to be able to get Bryan period so they decided to pick a date instead of stalling until he could make a date

On 20/03/2018 at 11:04 PM, RIPPA said:

He couldn't do this date but Meltzer was saying that the guys had a sense they weren't going to be able to get Bryan period so they decided to pick a date instead of stalling until he could make a date

Bryan strikes me as a no bullshit guy who’d be upfront with them if they’d asked. 

What is really funny is that Bryan found out that his WWE contract runs out on.... 9/1

Per the newest WON

Cody Runnels, in particular, saw this opportunity and began taunting him by using the LeBell lock in his big matches. The idea was to build a proposed "All In" show for the fall around Bryan's big return against him. New Japan had both interest, and concern as well, about bringing him back to be part of the expansion of their big four to a big six or eight.

Still, he made one last appeal to WWE. Earlier this year, he made essentially a last ditch case.

Regarding the All In show and the 9/1 date, the plan was to hold the show later with Danielson headlining. However, they were aware of Danielson working so hard to get cleared by WWE. They felt there was a significant enough chance for it to happen, and decided upon, and later announced the Labor Day weekend show, a date where it was impossible Danielson could appear on. Cody also stopped doing the LeBell lock and they stopped teasing Danielson's name in social media. On the flip side, Danielson was still studying non-WWE wrestling, in particular of Zack Sabre Jr., and thinking about the idea of a vegetarian submission masters tag team.

In an interview he did just before being cleared, while in the Middle East, he said the date it expired was 9/1, meaning he couldn't have done the All In show, but would have actually been free the next day. With his being cleared, that's a moot point now.