DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

53 minutes ago, България завинаги said:

When was his last really great match against a non-lucha guy?

I just watched him vs Ospreay from last year and it was decent an' all, though he botched the finish and probably one or two other things as well. My original point about offence is probably a bit questionable in retrospect as he could do Tornado DDTs and Sunset Bombs and stiff kicks and just about make that work. But it's a stretch.

Obviously Mysterio and Omega could have a great match, whether putting them together in this context is the best use of either of them is something I would question. 

His JAPW match with Low-Ki in 2015 was fantastic.

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

If we're being honest, half the guys currently in Bullet Club are riding the coattails of the guys who used to be in Bullet Club.

That's what the majority of the nWo did, just ride the coattails of Hogan, Hall, and Nash.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

His JAPW match with Low-Ki in 2015 was fantastic.

I've never been super high on jacked up Mysterio beyond the obvious matches, so my bias is clear, but I thought that match was really by the numbers and was bemused by the high praise it got. 

22 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I've never been super high on jacked up Mysterio beyond the obvious matches, so my bias is clear, but I thought that match was really by the numbers and was bemused by the high praise it got. 

Jacked up Misterio's best work was with jacked up Eddie. Shame they were both juiced to the gills.

I gotta say I respect the Hell out of Amell for getting involved so often because he gains nothing from it career wise at all. 

Dude clearly just loves wrestling. I mean he worked a lower card match at Summerslam, then had his next match on a non televised Indy show.

Mad respect because that is not something he did for any reason other than "this shit was my childhood dream." 

57 minutes ago, DeathyBoy said:

I gotta say I respect the Hell out of Amell for getting involved so often because he gains nothing from it career wise at all. 

Dude clearly just loves wrestling. I mean he worked a lower card match at Summerslam, then had his next match on a non televised Indy show.

Mad respect because that is not something he did for any reason other than "this shit was my childhood dream." 

I'm not sure "respect" is the word I'd use. I respect that he channeled some money into charity from it, I guess? Maybe that he didn't treat it like a big joke. But not so much that he's doing something he enjoys with people that he enjoys because he enjoys it. 

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I honestly can't tell if these are jokes ore not anymore after the initial flood of parody tweets.

I kinda look at it as if the person themselves tweets it out, it’s legit

I was going to ask why WWE hasn't signed her yet as she checks off all their boxes but somebody asked Dave why on the F4W board and it sounds like it's non-wrestling related. There was that alleged bust up ages ago with a WWE vet, but could it really be that? Is she intolerable?

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I was going to ask why WWE hasn't signed her yet as she checks off all their boxes but somebody asked Dave why on the F4W board and it sounds like it's non-wrestling related. There was that alleged bust up ages ago with a WWE vet, but could it really be that? Is she intolerable?

She has attitude issues. Had a few friends run into her at various shows and she expects to be treated like a 20 year vet and that none of the normal rules apply to her.