DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

At this point, the bet is less Cody/Bucks vs. Big Dave than it is Bullet Club/Big Dave vs. People that say it can't be done.  There are shit ton of people that'll throw money at the show and go just to stick it to WWE that someone else in the US can pull over 2k.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

At this point, the bet is less Cody/Bucks vs. Big Dave than it is Bullet Club/Big Dave vs. People that say it can't be done.  There are shit ton of people that'll throw money at the show and go just to stick it to WWE that someone else in the US can pull over 2k.

Northeast Wrestling routinely does over 2K (or close to it) so technically that is already happening

I don’t want to get too Fantasy Booking here but I fill like if they wanna get 10,000 people to this event they gotta venture outside of the hardcore wrestling bubble.

I’d set up some kind of angle between between Cody and Amil at the San Diego Comic Con. Have Cody be part of the panel. Tons of eyes on that event. At some Arrow Panel with the cast and crew have Cody and Amil get into a stare down turned shoving match and have them need to be split up, with Cody excoryrd off the premises. 

Conan goes to SDCC for a whole week every year so the next day, have Amil be a guest of Conan, have Conan bring up the altercation and show footage from it. Then Cody barges into the theater and starts up shit with Amil on Conan and they need to be split up.

Or if they run Cody vs Omega. Even if they ran Cody vs Omega at Strong Style Evovled in March, I think you can still get some buzz over the rematch. Cody goes over in some heel finish where he has his foot on the ropes. And Cody never gives Omega his rematch. Cody runs from Omega for months. Omega mentions it in all his press conferences maybe even interrupting Cody’s press conferences calling Cody out to which Cody just leaves. 

Come July Have Cody on the SDCC Arrow Panel, have him all over SDCX actually, then during the Q&A have Omega show up out of nowhere and ask Cody why he’s running from him, then after a heated exchange Cody goes to the floor and the two get into a wild brawl. Thd next night Cody is a guest on Conan and just heeling it up the whole time, Conan brings up the Kenny Omega brawl, Cody just super pissed off threatens Conan then Omega barges in the theater and saves Conan. Cody and Omega brawl all over the place and have police men break them up.

On that weekends edition of ROH Wrestling air the footage from SDCC, Conan and the surrounding media coverage followed by a pre tape of Cody saying something like “Kenny Omega you embrarrassed me on national television, you want your rematch you got your rematch September 1st.” Then I’m the weeks leading up to it air pretapes on ROH TV of Cody and Omega cutting promos on each other. And if they can swing it the week of the event have Omega and Cody back on Conan on different days to promote the show.

4 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Bryan's contract would still have the 90 Day non-compete, so there's zero chance he's working this show.

Chicago's been the place tossed around before, so that's likely ,but with BOLA going on the same night, that's going to seriously cut into the names they can book.

The 90 day non-compete is for when wrestlers are released/fired/quit. 

When a contract expires they no longer have anything to do with wwe and wwe has nothing to do with them. 

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I can see them running the cow palace as some sort of nose thumbing at Dave. 

I'm not sure I follow. How would his friends running a giant fucking show in his neck of the woods be any kind of them giving him a hard time? I hope it's there so I can get there in an hour and drive home that night instead of popping for a hotel room.

38 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Awesome.  They can get  the best  actor on the show!

The Impala is actually played by a Ford pickup truck, but it is such a great actor that it can convincingly play the part of an Impala.

11 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Should tease the return of the Dragon on their promos....

Only for it to be Steamboat or Ultimo.

Maybe it's Fujinami and he brings the Dradition crew. The invasion angle nobody asked for! 

13 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Should tease the return of the Dragon on their promos....

Only for it to be Steamboat or Ultimo.

I for one would gladly pay good money to see a Steamboat-Omega match (also Ultimo-Omega). Also a rematch between Omega and that 9 year old girl (who is now probably in her teens) would be "shut up and take my money" worthy as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Dave and the Jacksons are friends, and they don't really seem like guys that would do something like that.

Yeah, the Bucks literally named a spot after his father last year. If it's in California, he'll be there.