DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

Unless some of the BOLA shit happens with this All In show, and man, that is a dumb name, then they're going to be fucked. I don't see how the numbers work out for them to pull 10k when they're sharing their audience with other venues.

Eh, if they're running Chicago, then they're find fan wise, as PWG and CHIKARA isn't going to overall hurt attendance.  It's getting the talent to fill out the show that's the problem.

Sure, I agree that Chicago increases their chances of hitting their goal, but talent is definitely going to be an issue. The idea of getting 10k in attendance sounded doable when you could maybe see Daniel Bryan wrestling on that show, or CM Punk. If they don't get either...

If we go with NJPW and possibly RoH helping with storyline and progressing the Bullet Club split, so long as NJPW doesn't burn it on the Long Beach show, you can probably get pretty close with some form of Cody vs. Kenny.

It makes zero sense for it to be day 2 of BOLA if it's not going to be leeching off the talent who will already be there.  As hilarious as Ontario being where it's going to end up being, it makes the most sense. 

I still feel like the UIC Pavilion in Chicago is their target. 9500 seater, right off the Eisenhower and the L so it's readily accessible. Plus you know PWT will be promoting the hell out of it.

1 hour ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Hope it fails. 

I hope they end up having to turn away thousands after every last ticket was sold and everyone involved makes a fuckton of money.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Hoping it fails is just stupid petty. It's success will have no impact on your life. More chances for workers to make money is always a good thing. 

And, as someone else said, even if they only sell 5-6k tickets, it would still be the biggest indie show in the modern era. If they run Chicago I'm gonna try to make it. The others are too far away, but it would be cool.

If Bryan isn't available until the 28th (btw, he won't have a 90 day no compete if his contract actually expires instead of him being released) then it feels like it almost has to be Cody vs Kenny. *Insert mindless Punk speculation here*

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The UIC Pavilion would be a good venue. A lot of wrestling history there. It would have to cost less than the All State Arena too. 

The Horizon (I'm still calling it the Horizon. Fuck you and get off my lawn) is horrific and way out of town... plus it's a cavern, even with a good-sized crowd. WinTrust Arena would make more sense geographically but I imagine it's way too expensive.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I hope they end up having to turn away thousands after every last ticket was sold and everyone involved makes a fuckton of money.

I hope the figures are never released so that everyone on Twitter can argue forever about whether or not this was actually a success in pointless debates fueled on by Meltzer making definitive statements stated as fact on subjective things.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And if you go to the All In Twitter account - they sure are teasing that they have Kenny Omega and Stephen Amell

God - I am going to have to eventually make a thread for this stupid show

if the big push for this show is Kenny Omega vs Stephen Amell and Daniel Bryan isn't going to be there then they are going with the theory that bullet club fans are so gullible they would accept anything with that name tied to it.  Which is probably a fair assessment 

by the way isn't the person they are betting with about the 10K seat building someone who is more than willing to help lose that bet in order to help the Bullet Club