DVDVR Message Board

The Cody Rhodes/YB All In Show Thread

As many have already pointed out - Sept 1 is Night 2 of BOLA

So either they are partnering with PWG or they already have an interesting challenge (in at least booking names)

PLUS - the is a lucha expo show that night (at least for now)

And if you go to the All In Twitter account - they sure are teasing that they have Kenny Omega and Stephen Amell

God - I am going to have to eventually make a thread for this stupid show

1 minute ago, nofuture said:

Seems very un-PWG like to go from exclusively running shows in a small VFW hall to a 10k+ arena.

Also seems to go against the "spirit of the bet" to use BOLA to help draw since Cody seemed adamant about not using Ring of Honor for that reason

Bucks & Cody's All-In 10,000 seat arena show is set for September 1st. Seems like they're running opposite PWG's Night 2 of BOLA, and CHIKARA's King of Trios. They made a Twitter page for it, and each of the Bucks and Cody have tweeted this out as well:

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And if you go to the All In Twitter account - they sure are teasing that they have Kenny Omega and Stephen Amell

God - I am going to have to eventually make a thread for this stupid show

I didn't even see it was posted in here, so when you see I posted about it in the Indy thread... keep that in mind :P

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also seems to go against the "spirit of the bet" to use BOLA to help draw since Cody seemed adamant about not using Ring of Honor for that reason

I'm not that familiar with BOLA, but the crowd's always seem small. I thought it was intentionally an intimate gathering of high profile fans and journalists to make the tickets more pricey. Even if everyone there also attended Cody's show, it wouldn't get them anywhere near the figures he needs. 

So people think they're riding the coattails of PWG because the show is on the second night of BOLA? Does their Twitter account hold a secret message saying the venue and location is in California that I'm just not seeing?

Was it already common knowledge that the show was in September? That lines up pretty neatly with Bryan's contract expiring. I have no idea how the non-compete on his deal would limit him, and they probably couldn't advertise him in advance either. 

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

So people think they're riding the coattails of PWG because the show is on the second night of BOLA? Does their Twitter account hold a secret message saying the venue and location is in California that I'm just not seeing?

Part is that it is the 2nd night of BOLA

Part is the usual "I have been told via DM but can't actually report anything" stuff

However - based on the talent that normally works for PWG and that Cody would probably want to use, assuming Cali as the location isn't that far of a logical leap

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Maybe it means the access to available talent on that day (of course, Riddle already has 8 bookings that day).

Bryan's contract would still have the 90 Day non-compete, so there's zero chance he's working this show.

Chicago's been the place tossed around before, so that's likely ,but with BOLA going on the same night, that's going to seriously cut into the names they can book.

6 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Hope it fails. 

They could sell half their goal in tickets and probably move enough merch to keep this from being a financial failure for anyone involved. So maybe hope for something productive and unrelated instead?

• Like 3