DVDVR Message Board

Your 2018 INTERNET MATCHES Thread

GojiColin

The opener from the 1/6 CMLL show was awesome.  It was nice to see the opening guys get to go all out, though I'm guessing that had to do with Fiero becoming Audaz after the match. I don't think Cubs has posted the individual match yet, but this whole show is really solid so go watch it all!

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Please stop posting rutube links

If folks want to meet with the Russians they know how to do it but I would prefer no direct links on the board.

Ok  Ill stop however other people have done this in the past and I don't recall you ever saying anything to them about it.  I mean if I'm abiding by it the whole board needs to as well.

I was hoping Audaz's Puebla match would be worth noting, but sadly there was too much Univserso 2000 Jr. in it for it to be good; though Malayo and Audaz doing matwork in the first fall was cool.  Instead I'll just echo Cubsfan and say Hechicero vs Guerrero Maya Jr. is a hell of a lightning match.

Shayna's obviously a work in progress.  You can see that in the walk up to the kick which was spaced wrong and her footwork was a mess as a result.  But she's got a great skill set for working WWE women because they're all so damn flexible, the ladies can bend and twist for her offense like pretzels.  

As someone who doesn't watch a ton of Kraneo matches, for a dude his size he still manages to get around well.  Him using his size and strength to bull his way through Hechicero's matwork was amusing and that apron dive was nuts  (RIP Mije). Hechicero of course was his usual awesome self, and at this point I think he could even pull an entertaining match out of Rush's Dad.

Did Kraneo ever go over for the Fantastic Mania shows?  I feel like with his size and memorable character, he'd be a shoe in; plus he could mix it up with the heavyweight wrestlers for some interesting match-ups.

Yeah 2018 has started off well for CMLL, hopefully The Crash gets their TV show up and running as well so we can see those matches with greater ease to.  Speaking of Good Lucha Things, here's Mephisto and Titan being awesome:

I still cant believe Dean hasn't posted yet in this thread.  This used to be the best thread on the site.  Anyway aside from myself and the others who have posted here, has anybody seen anything from 2018 that they liked?  If so post it. I remember when Hasegawa and Dean Allmark's matches were posted here on a regular basis.  Now nothing.