DVDVR Message Board

sevendaughters

It's one of the most wonderful times of the year!

DSC_4003.jpg

Here's the cards for the three Korakuen Hall shows from purolove.com

NJPW "NJPW PRESENTS CMLL FANTASTICA MANIA 2018", 19.01.2018 (NJPW World)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Fuego vs. OKUMURA
2. Rush, Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI vs. Satoshi Kojima, Dragon Lee, Star Jr. & Hirai Kawato
3. Atlantis, Mistico, Volador Jr. & Drone vs. Ultimo Guerrero, El Barbaro Cavernario & Disturbio
4. CMLL World Middleweight Title: Angel de Oro (c) vs. Cuatrero
5. Mexican National Welterweight Title: Soberano Jr. (c) vs. Sanson
6. CMLL World Light Heavyweight Title: Niebla Roja (c) vs. Gran Guerrero

NJPW "NJPW PRESENTS CMLL FANTASTICA MANIA 2018", 21.01.2018 (NJPW World)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Drone & Star Jr. vs. Puma & Disturbio
2. Soberano Jr., Fuego & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. OKUMURA, YOH & SHO
3. Rush, Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI vs. Satoshi Kojima, Atlantis, KUSHIDA & Hirai Kawato
4. CMLL Brothers Tag Tournament - Semi Final: Ultimo Guerrero & Gran Guerrero vs. Niebla Roja & Angel de Oro
5. CMLL Brothers Tag Tournament - Semi Final: Mistico & Dragon Lee vs. Sanson & Cuatrero
6. NWA World Historic Welterweight Title: Volador Jr. (c) vs. El Barbaro Cavernario

NJPW "NJPW PRESENTS CMLL FANTASTICA MANIA 2018", 22.01.2018 (NJPW World)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Fuego & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Puma & Disturbio
2. Star Jr., Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & KUSHIDA vs. OKUMURA, Rocky Romero, YOH & SHO
3. CMLL Brothers Tag Tournament - 3rd Place Match:
4. Hirai Kawato Send Off Match: El Barbaro Cavernario & Gedo vs. Atlantis & Hirai Kawato
5. Volador Jr., Soberano Jr. & Drone vs. Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI
6. Special Singles Match: Satoshi Kojima vs. Rush
7. CMLL Brothers Tag Tournament - Final:

Really up for the Brothers Tag tournament and Kawato's send-off but for me the big draw is BREAD CLUB REPRESENTATIVE SATOSHI KOJIMA vs. THE ORIGINAL INGOBERNABLE RUSH

• Thanks 1

Strange, but matches number 5 on each night are the ones I most want to see by far.  Soberano Jr.vs. Sanson?  Yes, please.  

On a side note, it will be interesting to see if Volador Jr. is heeling it up more than usual while in Japan, as he is currently doing in CMLL.  I'm fine either way, but it would be a cool twist if they went with it.  

They better not put Kawato under a mask in Mexico. As highlighted at the Dome, his expressions are top notch. He'll do great, but I'm going to miss him aside from catching the odd match of his here and there.

The tour looks really fun. Last year, I remember they put up a bunch of the house shows on World but it doesn't seem like that's the case this year unfortunately. All in on Soberano vs. Sanson.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that was a LIJ match that I felt I hadn't seen in a while.  Complete chaos.  It was if Naito was going out of his way to assure Rush that he was still a heel.  

Completely wishful thinking, but if Naito doesn't really need a belt, with the exception of the IWGP Heavyweight one, then him having a short run as tag team champion with Rush would be marvelous.  (Sorry, Evil and Sanada.)

Just got through that particular match and loved it. Hot crowd, Star Jr. was a fantastic face in peril, Dragon Lee vs. Hiromu is always good, and Kawato looked great as a youngster who decided to step up for his team.

Star Jr definitely deserves a *ahem* gold star for wrestling most of that match with a catastrophically torn mask.

It's funny.  A year ago, I thought I was over Hiromu/Dragon.  They're great, but I just felt like I'd seen everything they had to show after their 200th match, or however many it's been.  And I stil don't care to see another singles match between them any time soon.

But I am ALL ABOUT them tagging in and lighting each other up in the middle of an 8-man tag, whenever wherever.

• Like 2

That was clearly the match of the night. Fantastic stuff from all involved. 

The three singles title matches all felt a little too similar but they were good with, unsurprisingly, Sanson and Soberano having the best match of the bunch.

there's an edited video of Drone going round in the middle Korakuen where he looks drunk as shit, I didn't quite notice as I wasn't paying loads of attention to his match, maybe it's become a bit of a jolly for some of the CMLL lads, free money and it doesn't harm their standing back home.