DVDVR Message Board

1/8/18 RAW Aka, Daddy's Back!

Shibata Is My Homie

I absolutely love Eloquent Joe.

A Pyrrhic victory (/ˈpɪrɪk/ ( listen) PIRR-ik) is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way, though the heavy toll negates a true sense of achievement or profit.

• Like 5

So we have the Balor Club, Miz & The Miztourage, The Champions Club*, The Bar feat. Samoa Joe, The Zo Train...

Can we get some Gang Warz 2k18 going? Team up Slater, Rhyno & Goldust? Curt Hawkins into Titus Worldwide? Elias & The Revival?

*Jason Jordan trademark pending.

Nia’s comment about Asuka was pretty stupid. 

Braun’s beatdown was pretty boss, that roadcase falling on Brock must’ve sucked. 

Was Enzo really hurt or not? Because it really did look like he torched that ankle. 

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

Was Enzo really hurt or not? Because it really did look like he torched that ankle. 

I would lean no only because if it was a legit injury the whole Nia/Enzo/Medical Room segment right after would have had to have been thrown together basically on-the-fly. 

Ehh, I guess you’re right. He could’ve just been a trooper and toughed it out though. He seems like a very-serious-about-his-craft type guy. I mean, he checked himself out of the ER last week and dove to Raw because he wanted to wrestle. 

Braun's slaughter of Kane and Brock was wonderful.

Its nice to see Titus Worldwide with a victory.

I'm digging the Jordan/Shield stuff. I love how Roman ends up either looking confused and/or wanting to murder Jordan so often when Jordan speaks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Nice to see Fale & Tama mentioned.

Especially since IIRC Fale's contract comes up this month and AJ was quoted in an interview saying that the guys he missed most from BC were Fale and Tama.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

So we have the Balor Club, Miz & The Miztourage, The Champions Club*, The Bar feat. Samoa Joe, The Zo Train...

Can we get some Gang Warz 2k18 going? Team up Slater, Rhyno & Goldust? Curt Hawkins into Titus Worldwide? Elias & The Revival?

*Jason Jordan trademark pending.

I'm guessing this is leading to a War Games match down the road with the NXT match having been the dry run.

38 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Especially since IIRC Fale's contract comes up this month and AJ was quoted in an interview saying that the guys he missed most from BC were Fale and Tama.

Is his contract up? After AJ, Nakamura, and co. left NJPW started to do longer contracts. Aside from that I doubt it matters much. Finn and probably AJ have been trying to get Fale to come to WWE for a couple of years now. He just prefers to stay in NJPW.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Is his contract up?

I thought he signed a two year deal in Jan 2016, so math says that his deal should be up soon. 

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

He just prefers to stay in NJPW.

He's got a solid niche there.

IIRC he helps run Silver Lion merch for NJPW, he and Pieter have a good life going on in Japan, and the book just put the NEVER 6-Man titles on him and the GoD, so I don't think that Fale is going anywhere anytime soon. 

23 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Boy they're really going all in on turning Dana Brooke into Alexandra York aren't they?

At least she's not in a ring botching spots or damn near killing someone in the ring.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SolidGoldBomb said:

Can we make The Miz, The WWE Universal Champion, immediately?  Another IC Title run is cool, but he needs a World Title run before too long, 2018 Is gonna be his time.

I love Miz, but I think top of the midcard is his sweet spot. Last time he was given the top belt it sunk his career for like three years.

Besides, Balor is the guy who needs a run with the ugly red belt.

• Like 3