DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NFL PLAYOFFS: DIVISIONALS

Dolfan in NYC

Can we all start a search party for @APO 's pants??? Seriously congrats to him, he really deserves this after all the suffering he's gone through over the years with the Jags.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hammerva said:

It is just amazing me to think that the Bills had a better defensive performance than the Steelers but it wasn't even close

So was this worse than the Steelers turning Tim Tebow into a great playoff QB?

Bortles isn't as bad as Tebow, so no. This is far worse than losing to David Garrad, tho.

48 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Can we all start a search party for @APO 's pants??? Seriously congrats to him, he really deserves this after all the suffering he's gone through over the years with the Jags.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan... they're probably halfway to Jupiter after the first play I saw being Jack getting the INT, hahahahaha.

Thanks, though. I honestly never thought the Jags would be here this year. Next year, sure, but not this year. Is it weird that I'm still trying to process all of this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

I don’t think the NFL will let Ramsey and Bouye play as much grab ass in New England.

Bortles is undefeated in the playoffs. GOAT.

Flacco parlayed one epic playoff run into a top QB contract and a long career as starter. Bortles wins a couple more games and he'll never have to worry about his job again.

4 hours ago, Contentious C said:

If there's any notion of the NFL rigging things, this is why: they see the possibility of a JAX/MIN SB and are shitting themselves. 

The money match-up is obvious

EAGLES-PATS II: REVENGE FOR SPYGATE

Can Doug Pederson avenge his mentor? Will Andy Reid's coaching tree win another Super Bowl while Andy continues to make the same mistakes he's been making for 18 years? WIll Bellichick and Brady ever go the fuck away? 

• Haha 2

Just got home from Steelers game.  Figure I may actually thaw out a couple hours from now.  Sigh.  And I thought our house was cold before I came home frozen like an ice cube.

I have a long list of things to bitch about, but the onside kick is low on the list.There were much worse calls by the coaching staff.  That touchdown bomb Ben through on fourth down was a good idea only because it worked, unlike the pass play on 4th and 1 a few min earlier.  Steelers didn't lose because of an on-side kick.  They lost after a long, cold afternoon of soft defense, critical mistakes at critical times, a terrible running game, and debatable coaching.

Still had a good year, and we quite enjoyed our season tickets, but this team really should have gone to at least the conference championship.  Damn it, wife and I would have bought tickets and made the trip this year!

Should have seen this coming considering how many games the Steelers won on last possession comebacks or a field goal in the last minute.

Edit: Todd Haley throwing the ball on fourth and short is ironic given that a large part of why Bruce Arians was let go and Haley was hired was that management thought that Arians threw the ball too much and had gotten away from 'Stillers football (ie, run first, pass second).  That's hasn't panned out, probably because the Steelers running game has been suspect the past six years and the QB is hall of fame bound and still nearish his prime.

I may or may not be done ranting.

• Like 2