DVDVR Message Board

2018 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

RIPPA

On 3/10/2018 at 3:08 AM, Jrag said:

The show races, Greg Cote in the Zardoz costume

The interview with the Shaquem Griffin is what made that segment.  When they asked him what they should do about the homeless person sleeping at the starting line, and Griffin without missing a beat says, "That's just another obstacle, I'd have to overcome.  I'd just hurdle him and keep moving."  I laughed my ass off.  An old man running down the street in a Zardoz costume was not the funniest thing in that segment.  That's hard to do.

5JkoKsw.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You'll need to read to the end of this tweetstorm, but see how early on you can guess about whom she is speaking...

I was assuming Buzz Bissenger, but he didn't fit all the checkboxes.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I am going put this here

Cast is

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Johnny Damon

Tonya Harding

Adam Rippon

Josh Norman

Mirai Nagasu

Chris Mazdzer (He is a luger)

Jamie Anderson (Snowboard)

Jennie Finch (so @CSC approves)

Arike Ogunbowale

4 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

I believe what Rippa is talking about is Dancing With the Stars announced their new season

Yeah - I got so disgusted with myself that I just hit submit and moved on.

That being said - the number of Skins fans infuriated over Norman being on it makes it all worth it

CMB is pretty bad but got treated pretty shitty here. Problem was they were in the toilet ratings wise and that gave the Pope an opportunity. It's funny that his main competitor is Michael Kay, who is just as awful, graceless, classless and talentless as the Pope is. I wish Bob Grant was still alive because his nastiness and viciousness as the pioneer of combat radio was actually just part of the act, I'd rather listen to him. At least he didn't hang up on people, he would just keep going at them. Hell, if we want nasty I wish Pete Franklin was still alive.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:14 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Peter King is leaving SI after 29(!) years for NBC.  

Unrelated, fuck Peter King and the MMQB. 

It's easy to dunk on him and mock him (believe me, I've done it a lot and probably will in the future) but this still kinda feels like the end of an era.

• Like 3

Jesus, the most recent Simmons podcast is just unspeakably ponderous. The tv critic talking about SNL in the first segment was terrible, just endless “um”s and “likes”. I like Simmons for the most part but his heavy handed attempts to talk about Donald Glover taking over for Kanye was also really cringeworthy. Even when he’s being an obnoxious homer, I still usually like listening to him, but this past episode was really unlistenable.