DVDVR Message Board

2018 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

RIPPA

Awww, man, I would have preferred not knowing that Craig Sager was a piece of shit

The Twitter spectacle surrounding late TNT reporter Craig Sager, his estate and his children took a dramatic turn on Wednesday when his daughter, Kacy Sager provided details of how she and her siblings 

were written out of his will.

The most shocking revelation from Wednesday’s communication is that Kacy says that she and her sister Krista and brother Craig Sager II were all excluded from the family estate the day after Craig II completed an intense medical procedure called apheresis in an effort to save his father’s life during the spring of 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN is looking to spin-off or sell FiveThirtyEight.

Looking like the scenarios are, they're bought by The Atlantic,  they're tossed over to be a part of ABC News, or they become a completely separate thing under the Disney empire. 

So other than a few AP articles pasted on their website, Fox Sports has literally ignored the entire Larry Nassar scandal. A couple days ago Deadspin ran an article that doing a word search on the closed caption transcripts from both FS1 and FS2 literally turned up zero on air mentions.

On their main webpage, the NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball front pages, I find no mention of Michigan State's AD resigning suddenly or anything else related to MSU except a listing for tonight's game against Wisconsin.

You'll never guess which sports network has a $150 million rights deal with MSU.

Well we haven't had one of these in the last couple months but it was inevitable.  Tom Brady refused to continue an interview with a couple people on WEEI after one of the radio goofs called his daughter a "little pissant" after watching one of these Tim vs Time documentaries.  To say he was bothered is an understatement

If you are a sport radio station in Boston and you can't get Tom Brady to talk to you it is time to become a JACK FM station cause you are dead. 

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well we haven't had one of these in the last couple months but it was inevitable.  Tom Brady refused to continue an interview with a couple people on WEEI after one of the radio goofs called his daughter a "little pissant" after watching one of these Tim vs Time documentaries.  To say he was bothered is an understatement

If you are a sport radio station in Boston and you can't get Tom Brady to talk to you it is time to become a JACK FM station cause you are dead. 

Talking shit about someone's kid is never OK, especially when you are going to be smiling in her father's face every chance you get.  If I was in charge, you'd be allowed to lay hands on anyone who came at your kids.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

One of my favorite old Lebatard Show moments was Stugotz discussing potential names for their station, including The Ball. 

Wasn't something about an octopus on the table too?  I remember somoene mockingly screaming, "Welcome back to the pus!!!!"