DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NHL SEASON: Period Two

Pete

This is hilarious: a group of Islanders fans started a Gofundme to pay for a billboard outside Barclays demanding Garth Snow be fired. They needed to raise $2,700 to make it happen, they reached that goal in just over an hour.  

In June a player will be awarded the Hart trophy as league MVP. The fact that it won't be Taylor Hall is a complete and utter disgrace. There is no player in the entire sport who literally carries his team like Hall does. There are nights (like tonight) where he is pretty much a one man team, he's just amazing to watch.

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

In June a player will be awarded the Hart trophy as league MVP. The fact that it won't be Taylor Hall is a complete and utter disgrace. There is no player in the entire sport who literally carries his team like Hall does. There are nights (like tonight) where he is pretty much a one man team, he's just amazing to watch.

Everytime someone makes a "this player on a team I like should clearly be MVP because he carries his team more then anyone!" argument I roll my eyes. Hall is certainly a viable MVP candidate, but to say someone is having a better season then Kucherov or Gaudreau and it would be a "complete and utter disgrace" is silly. Calgary would be just as fucked without Gaudreau as the Devils would be without Hall.

The Devils without Hall are the Arizona Cyotees, maybe even worse. He is going to carry absolute junk to the playoffs, and that's with Cory Schneider missing significant time and Keith Kinkade (who if you were doing a list of the 10 worst players on an NHL roster is probably on it) starting a bunch of games. He's not going to win the award because he plays in hockey anonymity in Newark and I'm sorry that's not right.

20 minutes ago, sabremike said:

The Devils without Hall are the Arizona Cyotees, maybe even worse. He is going to carry absolute junk to the playoffs, and that's with Cory Schneider missing significant time and Keith Kinkade (who if you were doing a list of the 10 worst players on an NHL roster is probably on it) starting a bunch of games. He's not going to win the award because he plays in hockey anonymity in Newark and I'm sorry that's not right.

hahahahahahahah hoooooo... no they aren't. The Devils play pretty decent defense, and that isn't exactly Hall's strong suit. Taylor Hall is not been worth 26 fucking points this year. He's been very good. He's been a very good MVP candidate. He is not a runaway winner and isn't a significantly better case then guys like Kucherov (who is leading the league in points by 7 points on the best team in hockey) or Gaudreau (who is in a very similar circumstance then Hall, helping elevate a mediocre team to a playoff contender)

And just to clarify I think Johnny Hockey is an amazing player who is a joy to watch. He just isn't Taylor Hall. I just want to see the shitbag hockey media who bought in on the "Taylor Hall is a loser LOL" narative.

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

hahahahahahahah hoooooo... no they aren't. The Devils play pretty decent defense, and that isn't exactly Hall's strong suit. Taylor Hall is not been worth 26 fucking points this year. He's been very good. He's been a very good MVP candidate. He is not a runaway winner and isn't a significantly better case then guys like Kucherov (who is leading the league in points by 7 points on the best team in hockey) or Gaudreau (who is in a very similar circumstance then Hall, helping elevate a mediocre team to a playoff contender)

I actually watch them all the time in part because they are in market. I somehow don't think you are watching many Devils games, because if you did you'd see just how much he means to that team. I was at the game tonight and I am not exaggerating when I say Taylor Hall was basically a one man team, and the only reason they lost was Kinkaid in net and the fact that his teammates couldn't bury any of the ridiculous chances he spent the whole game creating. And if you think great defense is carrying that team I invite you to go to their HF Board to see what their fans think about that.

Let me put it this way. Almost no player in the NHL is worth 13 god damned wins. Crosby in his best years wasn't worth that. That's the differential you used saying the Devils without Hall is like being the Coyotes. I've watched Arizona this year. The Coyotes are baaaaaaaad. No one player fixes them and there giant fucking list of flaws. Like I said, Hall is very good. the Oilers are fucking morons for trading him instead of RNH since their wingers are awful. It as an amazing fucking trade, and he's a franchise player. He's just not run away MVP.

• Like 1

Ken Danyko on NHLN just said if Evander Kane ends up on a contender he should be so happy he'd be whistling Dixie. That might not have been the right choice of words (and yes I fully realize he meant nothing by it, it just made me laugh).

The New York Rangers have traded leading scorer Michael Grabner to the New Jersey Devils.

New Jersey shipped defenseman prospect Yegor Rykov and a second-round pick in this year's draft to New York.

The veteran forward leads New York with 25 goals and six assists. There have been only three players in the last 40 years to have a season with 25-plus goals and single-digit assists, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

FEBRUARY 23: Pittsburgh Penguins acquire forwards Derick Brassard, Vincent Dunn, Tobias Lindberg, 2018 third-round pick (OTT); Ottawa Senators acquire defenseman Ian Cole, goalie Filip Gustavsson, 2018 first-round pick, and 2019 third-round pick (PIT); Vegas Golden Knights acquire forward Ryan Reaves and 2018 fourth-round pick (PIT from VAN).