DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NHL SEASON: Period Two

Pete

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

The Canucks gave dipshit Benning an extension for what reason? How do you turn Vanek into Juice and a jabroni? I don't know why Rippa is upset at NYR going about a rebuild in the right way. Both the Habs and Rangers have six picks in the first three rounds of this year's draft. The Canucks have six picks overall. How? How did he get an extension?

*shrug* Yeah, Sabre going nuts over the Kane return when the Canucks return was.... uhh, what it was is odd. Holy Crap your GM sucks.

The Canucks seem to be trying what the Rangers did for years and just fling draft picks as currency, but to up the challenge try it with a goalie that is Very Not Henrik Lundqvist.

Maroon saying to the media he'd genuinely consider an offer to come back in the offseason is nice, but it's just hard to see how it works. How the hell do you finish at the bottom of the league and need to cut salary? We are a special kind of team.

Think back to like 2011 and it's Calgary of the Western Canadian teams doing well. Darkest timeline confirmed.

Now we just need Seattle's expansion team to win a cup in its first 3 years of existence to put the cherry on top. JIM. FUCKING. BENNING. "So. like. you know... We like..." 

14 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

*shrug* Yeah, Sabre going nuts over the Kane return when the Canucks return was.... uhh, what it was is odd. Holy Crap your GM sucks.

We traded our only asset of any value for a late second round pick in 2019. The guys on NHLN were laughing at how bad we got clowned. Botts pulled a Garth Snow and completely overplayed his hand. I would be willing to bet money he got significantly better offers over the past few months he turned down.

Just now, sabremike said:

We traded our only asset of any value for a late second round pick in 2019. The guys on NHLN were laughing at how bad we got clowned. Botts pulled a Garth Snow and completely overplayed his hand. I would be willing to bet money he got significantly better offers over the past few months he turned down.

I mean, possibly? Hard to predict when a player dries up and plays like shit for 2 full months though.

6 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I mean, possibly? Hard to predict when a player dries up and plays like shit for 2 full months though.

Which is why they should've traded him when he was lighting the league up a few months back. They had to know his value could only go down from there, Botts totally botched this badly.

Detroit getting a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Tomas Tatar is and incredible trade by Ken Holland.  Apparently Vegas needed a guy who will turn over the puck - a lot - make dumb passes and refuse to shoot for weeks at a time.  He'll then heat up and score 9 goals in 12 games and then disappear for another 6 weeks.  He will NOT be missed.

Wish we could have traded Mike Green - especially since he's apparently intent on re-signing with Detroit during the summer - but his neck injury seemingly scared some people off.  That's a bummer.

Overall for Detroit - 2 trades, 5 draft picks acquired.  Not bad as they didn't really lose much.  Still, they had other guys (Nyquist, Glendening) that could have easily been traded but were not.

And, in the midst of all the deadline stuff, Detroit is suddenly play better and is only 5 points out of the playoffs.  WTF.

Winnipeg doesn't have any real rivalries since they came back. I guess Minnesota, but our old rivals (Edmonton and Vancouver) are in another division, and they don't have any real hatred built up with any of the Central Division teams yet.

This game tonight is pretty good. If you have access to the NHL Centre Ice package, I would recommend tuning in. Fast paced, and Scottie Hartnell is being a prick, so he's being Scottie Hartnell.