DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NHL SEASON: Period Two

Pete

13 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

That seems like a pretty big return for the older, poor man's Phil Kessel. Good for the Rangers I guess.

Don't worry - they will still fuck it up

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

What the hell man, I am not even a Habs fan, but that just isn't right.

He asked to be moved somewhere in the Eastern time zone. Classy move, even if trading with a rival seems weird.

5 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Dear St. Louis Blues.

What the fucking fuck.

Signed, El Dragon

P.S.: If you trade any of Robert Thomas, Jordan Kyrou, Klim Kostin, or Tage Thompson to try to fix this damned team, I will eat you.

Since I decided to actually spend $$$$ on Hockey and sign up for NHL.TV they went from 33-16 to 34-25 and contending for a division title to out of the wildcard.

Ian Cole was traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets by the Ottawa Senators for forward prospect Nick Moutrey and a third-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft. 

Cole was traded to the Senators as part of a three-team deal that brought center Derick Brassard to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Friday. 

St. Louis gets: 2018 Winnipeg Jets first round pick, LW Erik Foley, 2020 conditional 4th round pick

Winnipeg gets: Paul Stastny

Fuck yes!!!!! St. Louis is picking up 50% of his salary. Stastny waived his no-trade, because I think selling someone on playing centre between Patrick Laine and Nicolaj Ehlers is a pretty easy sale.

If Botts ends up pulling a Garth Snow with Vanek move with Kane by totally overplaying his hand and ending up having to move him for a bag of used pucks he deserves to be fired for total fucking incompetence. I don't even know if it's possible to dig the hole we are in even deeper, but that would probably get it to come out somewhere in Mongolia.

The San Jose Sharks traded for pending unrestricted free agent Evander Kane as they try to maintain their playoff spot in the West, according to reports.

The Buffalo Sabres will receive a conditional first-round pick in 2019, a conditional fourth-round pick in 2020 and forward prospect Dan O'Regan, according to reports.

50 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

The 1st is conditional on Kane re-signing in San Jose or it becomes a 2nd rounder.

Botts fucking blows. If he had any ounce of honor in him he would commit seppuku. Kane for a late second rounder and a "prospect" who in 6 years has a great shot at being an all star... in the AHL. Fuck this fucking flaming abortion of an organization with a barbed wire dildo. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dewar said:

St. Louis gets: 2018 Winnipeg Jets first round pick, LW Erik Foley, 2020 conditional 4th round pick

Winnipeg gets: Paul Stastny

Fuck yes!!!!! St. Louis is picking up 50% of his salary. Stastny waived his no-trade, because I think selling someone on playing centre between Patrick Laine and Nicolaj Ehlers is a pretty easy sale.

This is a great trade for both teams imo. Blues needed a shakeup, and I'm down with the return. Also, go fucking win the Cup Winnipeg.

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Botts fucking blows. If he had any ounce of honor in him he would commit seppuku. Kane for a late second rounder and a "prospect" who in 6 years has a great shot at being an all star... in the AHL. Fuck this fucking flaming abortion of an organization with a barbed wire dildo. 

The funniest part about this reaction is I honestly think San Jose completely overpaid for a mediocre winger till I heard the extra condition. Kane was never going to get tons for 2 months, especially when he's gotten 6 points total in his last 23 games (and only one of those was an assist)

29 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

The funniest part about this reaction is I honestly think San Jose completely overpaid for a mediocre winger till I heard the extra condition. Kane was never going to get tons for 2 months, especially when he's gotten 6 points total in his last 23 games (and only one of those was an assist)

Yeah, but he plays for a team who fucking sucks and is coached by a bad high school coach. I think he will be great playing for a real NHL team. And I would've been fine with a lottery protected 1st, but it turns into a 2nd if he doesn't resign (which has like a 1% chance of happening)? Like this team needs more dogshit non first round picks we can use to draft guys who top out as 4th liners, and not even this year on top of it. Why not just make it a 2050 pick to make sure we are all dead before it amounts to anything?

The Canucks gave dipshit Benning an extension for what reason? How do you turn Vanek into Juice and a jabroni? I don't know why Rippa is upset at NYR going about a rebuild in the right way. Both the Habs and Rangers have six picks in the first three rounds of this year's draft. The Canucks have six picks overall. How? How did he get an extension?

• Haha 1