DVDVR Message Board

New year, New Japan: NEW YEAR DASH 2018

sevendaughters

7 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That's a fair comparison if you look at White six years down the road. Bit silly to compare a 25yo who's just returned from excursion to a vet who spent years in Japan and then WWE, now 31. No shit Neville is better. It took him to this stage to not be a disaster on promos too. 

Look at Jay's push and the comparison is fair, since he should only be considered for what he's getting now like six years from now.  He looks 12 and has a dopey face.  This gimmick should be on someone with Dynamite Kid level mean face.

• Like 1

He looks like a guy in his 20s because he is. He's got a babyface, but he can make it work. Also, Marty Scurll should return to his old gimmick. PARTY BOY!

Party+Marty+Scurll-2.jpg

• Like 1

I understand White looks young, clean shaven, etc. What I don't understand is how that contradicts the gimmick. Serial killers can look like... pretty much whatever. Again, he's got work to do. But "He always looked like such a nice boy!" is the thing the neighbors say when they first hear about the bodies.

• Like 2

He is the Kylo Ren of wrestling at the moment. I actually think it works in a meta way in that people think he looks like a ridiculous cosplayer and adds that nu age WWE heat. There has been a lot of chatter about his appearance coming out of WK, so in a roundabout way it's working I guess.

He was put in a tough position and didn't live up to the ridiculously lofty expectations but I am a firm believer he will be a star for the company shortly. TEAM SWITCHBLADE~!!

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

He looks like a guy in his 20s because he is. He's got a babyface, but he can make it work. Also, Marty Scurll should return to his old gimmick. PARTY BOY!

Party+Marty+Scurll-2.jpg

I thought he was a fantastic babyface when wXw did a show in Union City. At least the dopey posturing made more sense when he did it as a good guy.