Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Elsalvajeloco

2018 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Recommended Posts

I've always liked Jose Torres (great UFC debut), and he's someone who fought at bantamweight before so I thought he could stay... but he posted he got cut without even the chance to bump up. He and Bibulatov were both coming off just their first losses too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

I've always liked Jose Torres (great UFC debut), and he's someone who fought at bantamweight before so I thought he could stay... but he posted he got cut without even the chance to bump up. He and Bibulatov were both coming off just their first losses too.

I think the reason he wasn't allowed that opportunity is he was losing the Brooks fight before Brooks had to bright idea to do a rolling Northern Lights Suplex in a real fight. Alex Perez absolutely torched Torres in his next fight out. They brought him in from Titan FC after those amazing finishes to be an elite prospect at flyweight and through two fights, he was anything but that. I think there is an adjustment period when you go from fighting randoms to UFC competition even at 125, but it's clear their adjustment period was two fights. So he probably was on the way out anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Cejudo vs. Dillashaw at UFC 233 is official but it will be Dillashaw competing for the flyweight title and not the other way around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Looks like Cejudo vs. Dillashaw at UFC 233 is official but it will be Dillashaw competing for the flyweight title and not the other way around.

Surprised it's for the Flyweight title with the talk around the division getting scrapped.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gut reaction is that they assume Dillishaw is gonna win and hence they want to take this chance to be able to push him as a two division champion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is this Conor vs Cowboy talk coming from? Is it just some nobody speculating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AxB said:

Where is this Conor vs Cowboy talk coming from? Is it just some nobody speculating?

Cowboy posted on Instagram of a pic of himself next to a pic of Conor and wrote "just waiting on him", so I think that fueled the speculation from there since he wants to go back to lightweight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

Cowboy posted on Instagram of a pic of himself next to a pic of Conor and wrote "just waiting on him", so I think that fueled the speculation from there since he wants to go back to lightweight.

After the 25th anniversary show, he said backstage that the UFC already had an opponent in mind for him. That plus the instagram stuff is fueling the McGregor talk. Okamoto hasn't confirmed or denied it (w/ the caveat that McGregor is still subject to discipline at his 12/10 Nevada commission meeting) so take of that what you will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The world needs KRON. I wish he were a regular for RIZIN but I wouldn't be shocked if he could rise above the pack at featherweight in the UFC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×