DVDVR Message Board

2018 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Three fights have been rebooked for International Fight Week: Roxanne Modafferi vs. Barb Honchak is set for TUF 27 Finale and Gokhan Saki vs. Khalil Rountree & Paulo Borrachinha vs. Uriah Hall have been added to the UFC 226 lineup.

25 minutes ago, supremebve said:

That is a terrible fight for both of them, which may mean it is a good fight for us.  Either that or Maia vs. Woodley vol. 2.

I am thinking the latter except Usman probably won't be partly compromised like Woodley was and might zap Maia on the chin to save us from two dozen failed TD attempts.

40 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Colby Covington posted spoilers to Avengers: Infinity War on his Twitter feed.

Someone should tell him that there is a difference between Rusev Heat and X-Pac Heat.

He's my least favorite athlete by a good margin.  I hope someone slaps the shit out him with a boomerang again.

• Like 1

So no one learned their lesson after he spoiled The Last Jedi? I don't follow the dude but it's not that hard to hit the mute button.

Anyway, Aldo vs. Stephens is the official co-main for the Fox show in Calgary on 7/28. The UFC is still working on the main event.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

So no one learned their lesson after he spoiled The Last Jedi? I don't follow the dude but it's not that hard to hit the mute button.

Anyway, Aldo vs. Stephens is the official co-main for the Fox show in Calgary on 7/28. The UFC is still working on the main event.

Not sure why that can't just be the main event. They had Stephens vs. Emmett main event and this is a much bigger, better fight. It should be five rounds.

27 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Not sure why that can't just be the main event. They had Stephens vs. Emmett main event and this is a much bigger, better fight. It should be five rounds.

The rumored main event is Nicco Montano vs. Valentina Shevchenko per Helwani. They're still working on it. If that doesn't get made, safely assuming that's the backup plan.

Some news for notable fights in July:

- Brad Tavares vs. Israel Adesanya has been added to 7/6 TUF Finale card.

- Anthony Pettis vs. Michael Chiesa has been rebooked for UFC 226.

- The main event for the Fight Night card in Boise will be Junior Dos Santos vs. the newly signed Blagoi Ivanov.

- The UFC is working on Alvarez vs. Poirier II for Calgary according to Brett Okamoto.

• Like 1

The card is a make good for 149 so that's going to be the co-main unless neither situation gets hammered out. They got 2-3 weeks to get this all worked out. Alvarez is supposedly meeting with the UFC again. Also, I think they really want to pop a good rating for the next Fox card. There is more incentive to more weight behind that rematch then anything else they can possibly do on Fox.  Aldo vs. Stephens is going to do right in line with what Weidman vs. Gastelum did last year if not lower w/ Aldo coming off back-to-back losses. I see the Women's Flyweight title fight getting pushed to LA the very next week. Shevchenko vs. Holm on the July show a couple summers ago did pretty good ratings especially for the summer but Valentina wasn't the A side obviously. Plus, if Markos vs. Ansaroff opens the main card since they need an obligatory local rep, I doubt we get 3 female fights on a four fight main card.