DVDVR Message Board

2018 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen anything about an interim title for either of those fights. At least not of yet.

For 227, if the theme is rematch title shots, Gustafsson vs. St. Preux doesn't really fit even if it is just icing on the cake and third from the top.

44 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Hasn't stopped UFC from creating interim belts before.

Where did you get the news that those fights are for interim titles? I haven't seen nothing to indicate that.

21 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

They're going to make those fights for interim belts. Watch.

You can't make up your own news. That's not what this thread is for.

• Like 1

Johnny Hendricks has retired.

They really need to stop doing interim belts so much. It should be only for when the champion hasn't defended for 1 year. It cheapens the title and the interim belts are meaningless when Tony Ferguson got stripped of his for no reason.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 11:18 PM, Happ Hazzard said:

Johnny Hendricks has retired.

They really need to stop doing interim belts so much. It should be only for when the champion hasn't defended for 1 year. It cheapens the title and the interim belts are meaningless when Tony Ferguson got stripped of his for no reason.

I just think of interim belts as, mainly, a physical #1 contendership.

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

Liddell-Ortiz 3 is actually gonna happen. Promoted by Golden Boy Promotions. no date yet. wtf.

To be fair, the last time Oscar was associated with MMA, both were still semi-relevant and his co-promoter was seven years from becoming President of the United States. It's like the money men behind the WWE Greatest Royal Rumble wanting Ultimate Warrior on the show. I mean it is what it is.

Brunson vs. Cara do Sapato is off UFC 227 due to injury and probably going to be rescheduled.

Joanne Calderwood is set to fight Kalindra Faria on the Fight Night card in Lincoln.