DVDVR Message Board

2018 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Likewise.

If only you weren't the pissant on the forums that nobody likes then that would matter. But hey, since the admins take pity on you and this seems to be your only outlet in life, then C'est la vie.

So he re-signs and then goes back on suspension? I haven't seen anything about Brock re-entering the testing pool.

Honestly, my interest in Brock doing real fighting has waned as much as my interest in him wrestling. I just don't care anymore about this juiced up gorilla either winning fights that will probably get overturned or losing because the skill level in the heavyweight division is higher than it was when he "regularly" fought.

Brock is also the same dude he always was where he reacts to getting hit like he's being attacked by a swarm of bees. I've never seen anything like that. So any interest I do have comes from a "let's laugh at how this guy reacts to getting tagged by Francis."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

So he re-signs and then goes back on suspension? I haven't seen anything about Brock re-entering the testing pool.

Honestly, my interest in Brock doing real fighting has waned as much as my interest in him wrestling. I just don't care anymore about this juiced up gorilla either winning fights that will probably get overturned or losing because the skill level in the heavyweight division is higher than it was when he "regularly" fought.

Brock is also the same dude he always was where he reacts to getting hit like he's being attacked by a swarm of bees. I've never seen anything like that. So any interest I do have comes from a "let's laugh at how this guy reacts to getting tagged by Francis."

I think his suspension is over.  I thought it was a year, which has been over for quite a while now.  The suspension doesn't start when you decide to fight, it starts from the failed test.

25 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I think his suspension is over.  I thought it was a year, which has been over for quite a while now.  The suspension doesn't start when you decide to fight, it starts from the failed test.

Brock retired from the UFC and hasn't been in the testing pool. Unless I'm mistaken, the suspension only matters if you're an active fighter and you remain in the testing pool. Otherwise, there's nothing stopping any fighter from just retiring whenever they're served with a suspension.

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Brock retired from the UFC and hasn't been in the testing pool. Unless I'm mistaken, the suspension only matters if you're an active fighter and you remain in the testing pool. Otherwise, there's nothing stopping any fighter from just retiring whenever they're served with a suspension.

Except, most of those fighters need to fight to pay their bills.  He can retire to get out of the testing pool, but he wasn't going to fight any way so it doesn't matter.  If Chad Mendes retires, he's out of the testing pool, but he still wouldn't be able to fight during the suspension.  He needs to stay in the pool so he can get back in the cage once his suspension is over.  Brock's suspension was over in July, and as a retiree he doesn't need to be tested in the interim.  Why risk testing positive again if you aren't going to be in the cage any way?

59 minutes ago, Craig H said:

this was my understanding as well. Like, he won't be able to get a license until a certain amount of time in the testing pool takes place.

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

this was my understanding as well. Like, he won't be able to get a license until a certain amount of time in the testing pool takes place.

Licensure and the testing pool have nothing to do with each other though. Once he enters the testing pool again, he will effectively be serving out the rest of his USADA suspension which is a little over six months according to Jeff Novitsky. 

He was going to have to re apply for a license especially in Nevada anyway because of his age. His Nevada suspension was never frozen because they don't freeze suspensions. That was over last July so he will have to reapply for a license if he plans to fight there. I am safely assuming if it is MSG or somewhere else, he will have to be brought forth to that particular commission or governing body to handle any issues.