DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
RIPPA

2018 HORROR MOVIE THREAD

Sex-Head's facial tics while the strobe lights were flashing reminded me of Frankenhooker. I also saw a video of one of Rob's recent concerts where the on-stage theater screen played the crucifixion flashback scenes from Lair Of The White Worm in the background. It reminded how I've always thought those scenes were similar to the inferior music video cut scenes in Lords Of Salem. The movies are different but it's a joke how much better Worm pulls off hyper-stylized trippy flashbacks than Lords; with its mechanical bulls and sex toy-stroking bishops.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 8:51 AM, J.T. said:

Down a Dark Hall with Uma Thurman should sneak into theaters this Friday (August 17th).

Not into any theaters in the city of Chicago apparently. There's one suburb that has it out in the suburbs. I'd like to talk to the owner and ask them why they chose this while everyone else did not. I don't know why I'm bummed. I literally just heard about it just now when I decided to check out this thread. I guess I feel like it's on me to make sure Uma Thurman movies make money.

That John Cho flick looks fun. I thought Unfriended was cute and handled its gimmick in an entertaining way. Also gotta support the asian-american lead vehicles.

I don't go to the cineplex often, but when I do, it's to vote with my dollars as to what I want to see more of. And apparently it's Uma Thurman and Asians.