DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2018

Kevin Wilson

Marufuji continues to fall apart. He had won Block A in the Global League and Kaito Kiyomiya won Block B on the most recent show, but Marufuji suffered a torn muscle in his left thigh of some sort, so had to be pulled from the final show and they're doing a 3-way match with Kenoh, Nakajima and Sato to decide his replacement. He already has a banged up shoulder too.

Probably so. They mentioned Marufuji as the face of Noah, but Kaito wants to be the new face of Noah.

In other NOAH news = Kimiya Okada will debut on 7th December. And Go is rumored to go heel. Hooligans have a new secret member.

I've really enjoyed what I've seen of NOAH this year, enough that it's made me want to see more, even pay to do so. But, I can't. I know we're way, way past the saturation point when it comes to streaming services, but I'd still like to give them some money in return for timely viewing of big shows, at least.

3918651bdde7a77ba91a94a82757f713.jpg

Riki Choshu Produce, 28.12.2018 Riki Choshu Produce "POWER HALL 2018", 28.12.2018 (Samurai! TV) Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Akitoshi Saito & AKIRA vs. MAZADA & FUJITA

2. Yoshitatsu, Rocky Kawamura & Ayato Yoshida vs. Hikaru Sato, Tomohiko Hashimoto & KAZMA SAKAMOTO

3. Minoru Tanaka & Mitsuhiro Yoshida vs. Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Gota Ihashi

4. Shiro Koshinaka, Yukio Sakaguchi & Dinosaur Takuma vs. Daisuke Sekimoto , Kengo Mashimo & Kota Umeda

5. Shinjiro Otani , Yutaka Yoshie, Takashi Sugiura & Takuya Nomura vs. Kendo Kashin, Kohei Sato , Katsuhiko Nakajima & Tomoya Hirata

6. Riki Choshu, Tatsumi Fujinami & Masa Kitamiya vs. Kaito Kiyomiya , Jun Kasai & NOSAWA Rongai

Riki's retiring in the summer of 2019.

Well, Kengo Mashimo deserves to beat Kento more than anyone else on the current roster.  Aoyogi has gotten a lot better, but I'm perfectly fine with him steadily improving as a truly great tag team partner along with Nomura for now.  

I don't know, guys like Jake Lee, Aoyogi, Nomura, and even Dylan James have lots of potential, but still move clunkily and look awkward and unsure to me.  One or two years away, maybe a bit earlier, I could see that, sure.

I'll stop now to avoid sounding too much like an old curmudgeon.  

On 11/30/2018 at 9:55 AM, Evil Otto said:

I would have no problem with that.  I guess it would really depend on how much Hino wants to commit to AJPW going forward.  At the very least, he's already a legit Triple Crown challenger.  

Hino worked like two shows last month. Not in All Japan—all together. He is either really good at freelancing or really bad at it.