DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2018

Kevin Wilson

That's shocking to me with that main event. CIMA vs. Takeshita as a supporting match helps, yeah, but damn. DINO AND SASAKI ARE DRAWS, MAHN. And Andreza Giant Panda too, naturlich.

Judgement Day 2016 was the one where HARASHIMA defeated Kodaka in the main event and it also featured Dino vs. Akebono and Minoru Suzuki vs. JUNny Kickpads himself, Yukio Sakaguchi (kickpads: check, losing MMA record: check, mostly bland serious fighter man [at least when not in TJP]: check).

I'm watching the Samurai TV version and the pre-show rumble has an amazing(ly obese) Tiger Mask V and some guy named Gundan Hitori who comes out to one of my favourite songs (Rydeen by YMO).  He was too busy jamming out and doing air keyboards to get in the ring before the next entrant. Holy shit, it's MONSTER HALLOWEEN out of the W*ING time machine. Shitty mask and chainsaw. Fuckin' love DDT.

• Like 1

Dieno took the triangle to its logical conclusion. Warning, terror in spoilers. Not completely naked though. Think decorative early RHCP.

Spoiler

bLcoeGG.jpg

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That's shocking to me with that main event. CIMA vs. Takeshita as a supporting match helps, yeah, but damn. DINO AND SASAKI ARE DRAWS, MAHN. And Andreza Giant Panda too, naturlich.

Judgement Day 2016 was the one where HARASHIMA defeated Kodaka in the main event and it also featured Dino vs. Akebono and Minoru Suzuki vs. JUNny Kickpads himself, Yukio Sakaguchi (kickpads: check, losing MMA record: check, mostly bland serious fighter man [at least when not in TJP]: check).

I'm watching the Samurai TV version and the pre-show rumble has an amazing(ly obese) Tiger Mask V and some guy named Gundan Hitori who comes out to one of my favourite songs (Rydeen by YMO).  He was too busy jamming out and doing air keyboards to get in the ring before the next entrant. Holy shit, it's MONSTER HALLOWEEN out of the W*ING time machine. Shitty mask and chainsaw. Fuckin' love DDT.

How’d ya get the Samurai TV version? I thought DDT Universe was the only way to see it and that aired the Abema TV version, right?

The recent Zeus vs Kento match was great. I can't believe how much Zeus has added to his arsenal lately. Fucking bodybuilder doing the John Woo kick, topes, the air raid crash, and, most importantly, forearms that look absolutely terrific. Dude now chops like Kobashi and forearms like Misawa. Rather than get too high-concept, though, he evens things out by relying on face punches and neck chops to counter Kento's offence. There's a part where he just holds Kento face-down on the mat and chops at his spine like he's trying to cut through a stack of wood. My god.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The policy is apparently to nuke Showbuckle's accounts

This is stupid for a number of reasons, but here's just one: Kevin Kelly directed fans to watch that "Rise and Fall of Tetsuya Naito" video during the build to Wrestle Kingdom, and even during Naito's entrance at the show. That is, on multiple official New Japan broadcasts, not just his personal twitter account. You could argue no fan-produced product has been so used by any wrestling company since... I mean, I can't think of anything.

• Like 1

My guess would be that Kelly did it on his own and later got some shit from NJPW higher ups for doing it. I can't really imagine someone from NJPW saying it is ok to mention that video and later deciding to nuke YouTube channel and even search for it on Vimeo.

Honestly I'm conflicted a bit on this whole .gif thing. At heart I'm a pirate who'd prefer if all digital stuff was free for everyone to access, but at the same time I think that .gif making had gotten out of hand and almost everything gets turned into .gifs these days. And well the problem is that it distorts and changes the product, which results in some wrestlers essentially doing movez for the .gifs because way more people will see a .gif with them executing cool sequence than their actual match.

So, I think that NJPW are wrong, but at the same time I wouldn't mind if wrestling .gifs went away.

DDT announced participants for their 2019 Grand Prix. 

• Puma King
  • Mike Bailey
  • Sammy Guevara
  • Shinya Aoki
  • Go Shiozaki
  • HARASHIMA
  • Konosuke Takeshita
  • Daisuke Sasaki
  • Tetsuya Endo
  • Soma Takao
  • Akito
  • Kazusada Higuchi
  • MAO
  • Masahiro Takanashi

The list of outsiders is pretty great but I'm disappointed Shuji Ishikawa isn't there. It looks as if he's working almost exclusively with AJPW right now, at least the past two months, so that seems to be the reason why. Winner gets a shot at the KO-D Openweight champ at the 2/17 Judgement show (that will also feature Chigusa Nagoya).

• Like 3

I can't find any. So I made a gif

giphy.gif

edit: and another

giphy.gif

Silky smooth. He has a big Dusty splotch on his back, so that is the big clue to this mystery. At first I thought it was Gota Ihashi but Ihashi is way more solid and was in fact a later entrant in that rumble.

Double edit!: Oh fuck! I missed that MONSTER HALLOWEEN had an Asian Victor Quinones order him to the ring. I'll repeat: I fucking love DDT.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is there any new AJPW or NOAH on Youtube/Dailymotion worth checking out? I haven't seen any new NOAH in like eight years so I watched Go vs. Sugiura from August. Pretty much same-old same-old, Go still works like Son of Kobashi and Takeshi still yells a lot and can rearrange your bridgework with his elbows.

EDIT: BJW too