DVDVR Message Board
Kevin Wilson

Puroresu General Discussion for 2018

They'd have to fly him in from Vegas all the time.

Yoshihashi and Yoshitatsu should be a tag team. The team of the underperforming Yoshis!

I'm also signed off on Goto holding the Triple Crown. 

Ibushi to AJPW. Just for the Vs Kento bouts.

Tanahashi and Makabe and Gotoh and Sanada to Noah. To change the Noah style to the yukes era style in the main event. Plus Marufuji adores Fujinami so why not inject Dragon Style in the show with Tanahashi and Sanada. 

Anyway none of this stuff will happen. 

Sumo hall show eh? It will be full. Expect lot of tags. I guess this will also count as AJP's annual sumo hall show, so they might do something similar what the NJPW/AJP 40th show did with Jun vs Kea for the Triple Crown.

Big Japan and Wrestle-1 are signed on as well, which makes it even easier to fill out tags, and (probably) keep NOAH and New Japan apart.

They're also saying it's the last of the heisei era dream matches. 30 April 2019 is when the Heisei era ends.

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Let the fantasy booking begin!

Violent Giants v Golden Lovers

book it

4 minutes ago, D.Z said:

They're also saying it's the last of the heisei era dream matches. 30 April 2019 is when the Heisei era ends.

So they’re hyping if up as a dream match card? Interesting. Maybe we do get a few singles.

Just now, Control said:

book it

Gimme Tanahashi vs. Kento and I’m happy.

I somewhat worry that putting Kento in the ring with Tanahashi might make his Tanahashi 2.0 act a bit obvious. Or am I overstating the comparison? 

14 minutes ago, Control said:

book it

That would practically get DDT on the show too. Love it.

Is also wouldn’t be surprised to see Kento and Tana leading opposing 3 or 4 man teams, giving us the moment where the crowd makes the comparison as they finally step into the ring. I don’t think that would hurt Kento a bit.

Unlikely, but maybe we do see one of the sub-main New Japan guys take a shot at the GHC or TC.

I also really want Akiyama versus Okada. I know the outcome there is a given, but we’re much more likely to avoid endless draws if the matchups are slightly asymmetrical.

Kento vs Tana would end in a draw game if it's booked. Shows like this tend to protect wrestlers. 

Might have a Battle royal probably, with lower or mid card guys from all Feds.