DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2018

Kevin Wilson

On 12/26/2018 at 3:11 PM, Beech27 said:

One more thing, about this: The animosity between Sasaki and Choshu adds a layer I hadn't thought about to Nakajima working Power Hall this July. Which I'm glad he did, because him/Kitamiya vs Kamitani/Nomura (NOAH's young Kick/Beef team vs Big Japan's much younger Kick/Beef team) would be on my Tag MOTY list, if I made such a thing. It also scores very, very high on my "I'm uncomfortable loving this, because brain trauma is definitely happening" scale, and has one of the more "was that a planned stoppage or is he actually knocked out?" finishes I've seen lately. So YMMV.

Noticed .gif on twitter that I think sums up whole match pretty well:

New Power Hall show has hit the internet and Nomura/Nakajima are on opposing tags again. It is 4vs4 so naturally they get less time together, but it kinda works as a "teaser" for eventual (I hope) another big match between them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Will he keep doing Power Hall shows after that date?

Depends on the backers. Choshu is appearing at pro wrestling masters too.

20181229_NBvh4nGB.jpg

The show below will have NOAH and AJP wrestlers. Same backers.

20181106_6qX39CpM.jpg

Okay, sorry for the double post but I am losing it at Gota Ihashi opening the latest Power Hall show after the controversy from his last appearance. And it's against Fujiwara. LOLOLOL. I love all of this.

18 hours ago, Oyaji said:

My God, Kotaru Suzuki is lucky to be okay after this bump:

He pretty much immediately got up after that bump (thankfully right into the finish).

Looks like a botched air raid crash or whatever you call that move Takao Omori does (Alex driver?). Either drop to knees or cradle the head, dudes.

It’s completely intentional, you can tell from the setting and execution. No delay, no fumbling to grab the head. That’s what makes it all the more nutty.

At some point agents have to step in and say hang on a minute boys. There’s a million other things you could do which might not result in paralysis. It adds nothing and just looks like a botch, it’s hard to even class as a spot as it’s so awkward. One less stupid bump per match would go a long way in life in the ring and beyond.

• Like 1

Watched the most recent Power Hall last night with a bud and as the cameras panned over the crowd I noticed one of my friend's music buddies in the audience. He and a friend apparently travel to Tokyo now for every WK but are taking in a bunch of shows before that. Super jealous and surreal.

The aforementioned Kitamiya/Nakajima vs. Nomura/Kamitani match was superb even if it did feature a very disgusting finish. I want to see more out of those two Strong BJ guys.

We also checked out a few other matches including Takeda vs. Kodaka from BJW this year. Just about the most insane death match as a sprint matches I've ever seen. Kodaka absolutely never should've hit the double knees off the ladder if he was going to lose. It was really fun and never had a dull moment but questionable logic at best. Unless you're dead set against deathmatches, I recommend checking it out though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matwarz said:

It’s completely intentional, you can tell from the setting and execution. No delay, no fumbling to grab the head. That’s what makes it all the more nutty.

At some point agents have to step in and say hang on a minute boys. There’s a million other things you could do which might not result in paralysis. It adds nothing and just looks like a botch, it’s hard to even class as a spot as it’s so awkward. One less stupid bump per match would go a long way in life in the ring and beyond.

Well NOAH also does shoot headbutts every few shows and people get occasionally dropped from stiff kicks/punches that you start to wonder if they are that good at selling or they have been legit knocked out. Even that Nakajima/Nomura finish from earlier Power Hall show, I'm pretty sure that I have seen one of Nakajima/Kenou matches end like that too.

Basically I think that NOAH approves of this shit and thats how they see wrestling.

DDT's Naomi Yoshimura was diagnosed with a cervical sprain after taking a move wrong from Daisuke Sasaki at last night's show. Apparently the show was held up 45 minutes while they got him out of the ring. He should be okay going forward but his KOD title match with Sasaki is off.

• Sad 2